the Rift

[OPEN] how far would you go?

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
That was it - they were friends, albeit new ones, fresh ones who still knew so little about each other they could still be strangers, but they were friends. It was a curious notion to Amaris, to so treasure the regard of others, to want them to notice her, to think well of her, to accept that she might care for them, grow to love them in the platonic, friendly way she was wont to do. They accepted her presence, her nervous offers of friendship and assistance, and she could not help but beam in response, her smile radiant, her posture relaxing as muscles released the tension that had unwittingly built up from the cascade of thoughts tumbling through her mind.

Though Amaris is not part of the main conversation, that she is included even by being permitted to mostly listen and nod along, she cherishes the moment, much to her draagon's confusion. He is curious why they wouldn't pay more attention to her, his queen, his dragonmare of golden scales and pewter skin, of magnificence and grace, of kindness and generosity. Hush, Amaris quietened his thoughts down, not plagued by such vain thoughts - hers were quite the opposite, though there was no point dwelling on them lest she depress everyone and everything around her.

She listened to the talk of the Reaper's grave, to the plans to venture North, and she hoped when the occasion came about she would indeed be able to assist the mare in her journey, to pay her respects, and perhaps learn more about the legend that was her mother all the while. She would be lying if she said some hint of anxiety did not rise up within her at the thought of journeying North, and she shivered where she stood in the river, but that motion was easily passed off for standing in the cool water too long, with burns affecting her body's internal temperature gauge all the while.

The time came swiftly when they would be departing, and Amaris smiled at the mare as she pulled herself out of the water, watching with quiet awe the way the fireworks across her hide faded into a golden pelt. Amaris, though sexually straight, could appreciate beauty in all things, no matter their gender, their orientation, their species. Rexanna was gorgeous, there was no denying, and her beauty was clearly heightened by the kind smiles and words her heart shared with the world. If Amaris had been prone to feeling envy, she might have, for this mare had everything she had longed for: a family, friends, and an appearance easily accepted by strangers, unlike her own.

"Until next time, Rexanna" her warm ones farewelled the unicorn, her own muzzle nodding as she slowly made her own way to the water's edge.

Then there was Tiamat, the light of the ocean, the kindly soul who seemed only to care about others. With her curious companion (who Dramyrth flew wary circles above), her easy smile and queenly title no less, Amaris was left in awe once more, not sure what to make of the entire interaction except simple happiness that she had gained friendships from it all. "Thank you, Tiamat; I'll be sure to visit as soon as I am able," the dragonmare promised, before making her own departing motions, bowing her tiara and pulling herself free from the water's clutches at last.

"I best get back to the herd; know that you are welcome in the Edge whenever you wish it, as well, friend."

@Rexanna @Tiamat
Just wrapping this up ^^ Amaris out <3
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 04-02-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 04-02-2017, 02:04 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Tiamat - 04-02-2017, 02:45 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 04-02-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 04-03-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Tiamat - 04-05-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 04-06-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 06:07 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Tiamat - 05-06-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: how far would you go? - by Rexanna - 05-26-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: how far would you go? - by Amaris - 05-28-2017, 12:49 AM