the Rift

[PRIVATE] who even knows the truth;

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna knew that it had to be hard for the child. That if wanderlust ran through her own veins, that it must have been incredibly difficult for the young girl. Especially considering the fact that she couldn’t leave to explore the world. It wasn’t like Rexanna didn’t want her to stay here, she just wanted to be sure Safiri would be safe in doing so. She planned on going to one of the crafters, seeing if there was some sort of way they could make a sled for the child, a way that Rexanna could bring the girl out into the world, to see the sunrise and the sunset in various places in Helovia. To take her to the Basin and show her what the Aurora looked like in the middle of night. To show her just what the world had to offer the small girl.

But the thought simmered beneath her mind as she waited for Safiri’s decision, her words soft and gentle as they reached the gilded woman’s ears. The story she chose was one Rexanna loved to tell, though so often she left out the darker histories of the land. It was still beautiful, a different place, a world away, yet still it carried pieces of home for her. Safiri’s green gaze glimmered to her as she pressed herself into Rexanna’s own pale body, a small smile growing on her lips.

Beautiful choice, my love.” She noted, before clearing her head and glancing over to Marembo who had moved over to the duo, aiming to cuddle up against Safiri’s dark legs with a small squeak and a smile, his fuzzy small body writhing almost snakelike as he awaited the story as well.

The place I was born in was called Halyven. It was a beautiful place, so unlike the Edge that we live in now. It was secluded in the mountains, with brilliant ivory buildings and rooms for everything you could think of. The views were gorgeous from being so high up, you could see the fields below, the rivers that came from the mountain tops, and the sunsets.” She began, glancing down to Safiri to see how she was enjoying the story. “It was a place full of unicorns like you and I. We didn’t have many other species we came in contact with, though we had normal equines that did a lot of our work. There were absolutely no pegasi that roamed the lands.” Her head tilted thoughtfully.

But we were often at war. I was raised by two equines, though they weren’t my parents. My mother was the Queen of Halyven. Though she got very sick and passed away just after I was born. So I was raised by the King’s own workers, to ensure my safety.” She lied about her mother, but the child didn’t need to learn the circumstances of Rexanna’s mother’s death. She smiled to the child nonchalantly, before inhaling deeply to continue. “But my home was often at war with the Pegasi of the next land. That land was called Aciend, and it was very much like it is here. Trees were everywhere, though it was dotted with moats and little rivers and lakes. They wanted some of our resources, but the King was stubborn in my home. Everyone in Halyven knew we couldn’t handle the idea of a war with winged species.” She noted. “We didn’t have magic back home, either. At least, not in Halyven. Nobody there was gifted in any form other than the horns they bore along their brows.” Then, she let her sapphire gaze linger on the beautiful face of Safiri with a smile. “Do you have any questions before I continue?” She asked quietly, reaching her pale muzzle out in an attempt to brush it against the filly’s forelock.

"Talk."
you’re on your own in a world you’ve grown
few more years to go—
don’t let the hurdle fall.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Safiri <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
who even knows the truth; - by Safiri - 04-02-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Rexanna - 04-02-2017, 10:12 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Safiri - 04-03-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Rexanna - 04-06-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Safiri - 04-10-2017, 10:03 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Rexanna - 04-13-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Safiri - 04-15-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Rexanna - 05-26-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Safiri - 06-11-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: who even knows the truth; - by Rexanna - 06-11-2017, 07:40 PM