the Rift

[MEETING] Some remedies are worse than the disease I hear [HEALERS]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Tae's words ilicit a lifted brow from the Sultan. He's about to point out that she hadn't exactly been an exemplary member of the warriors herself before she'd defected to the healers, or that some warriors like himself fight often yet never require healing, but Ampere is in before him with a swift putdown that serves to remind the beast that she is a mother, and a pretty damn badass one at that. Finding that the Sultana has done a suitable enough job of addressing Tae's complaint, the beast simply fights to smother his amusement and shoots the wolf-girl a raised-eyebrow look that clearly says mother knows best.

He looks with interest upon Najya as she arrives. He's seen her around the herd without ever speaking directly to her, but the fact she comes wearing a sword is enough to pique his interest. It seems a dreadful oxymoron, a healer wearing a weapon made for inflicting pain, and the Sultan's gaze rests heavily on the little mare as she speaks. She's clearly got a brain in her head, and that head is also a particularly pretty one, attached to a slim, golden body of such radiance it makes him ache.

Now, though, is really not the time to notice those things. He schools his face into an expression of cold professionalism, looking past the golden mare's beauty to the core of a useful herdmember within. "I recently met with the Lady of the Basin, Tiamat, and she was quick to share her healing knowledge with me. Judging by that, I do not think she would be adverse to trading her healing herbs with us if we offered some of our own in return. It would seem churlish of the healers from any herd to withold their knowledge and supplies now that we have the threat of Kaos on the horizon." It's all very well being precious about your herd's secret knowledge, but Volterra thinks the looming threat of Kaos should override that. For the first time in ages, the three Helovian herds have a common enemy, and if that's not enough to unite them then nothing will.

Astarot's arrival causes a warming of the beast's eyes, gazing fondly upon his son with clear affection in his expression. Like Ampere, he tries to separate parenthood from Sultanhood, but it's hard not to glow with pride as he listens to his son speaking and suggesting things to help the herd. Astarot mentions teaching the warriors at least the basics, and the titan thinks for a moment before agreeing. "You make a good point, Astarot. Although you healers will always have more knowledge than the rest of us, it couldn't hurt for the warriors and some other herdmembers to listen in so that they at least know the basics. Perhaps you could hold lessons for the herd's foals, as well? We have plenty of them, and I daresay they'd enjoy feeling like they are involved with the rest of us." It brings an idea to his head - foal classes for the other ranks, maybe? It'll keep the children occupied and out of trouble at least.

All three healers suggest a storage area, and Volterra nods his agreement. Ampere expands on the suggestion by mentioning creating the storage beneath the temple, and the Indomitable's approval is clear as he looks to his blue-hued compatriot. "That sounds sensible. The Temple must surely be one of the finest creations in all of Helovia, and this would be a fine way to expand upon it. Everybody in the herd knows where it is, and if we were to invite healers from the other lands here to trade herbs and suchlike, it would be an opportunity to show them what we are capable of." Showing off cannot be underestimated - the Temple is the equivalent of the Throat flexing its economic muscles, proving to any who see it what this magnificent herd is capable of. "If the rest of you agree that the Temple could be a place to create our storage, I will summon Maren so we can discuss how to go about it." If the healers give their approval, the beast will unleash a loud bellow, calling for the Diviner.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW
image: araxel

@Maren @Najya

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some remedies are worse than the disease I hear [HEALERS] - by Volterra - 05-01-2017, 12:06 PM