the Rift

I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

The summer heat had nestled like a bird, its eggs of warmth spread across the metal clay walls. From outside there was a serene oceanic melody that hushed along with the wind as it passed the Sun’s Temple. A large striped cat lay hidden inside in one of the shadowy corners in the back, the tiger mare lay in another. Unlike Mr. Teatime, she wasn’t asleep. She lay pondering with her head against the cool metal until she heard the disruption in the wind’s song as it mixed with the clack of hoofs, and then a voice.

From the passer-by’s who gazed at the temple, few actually came in. Maren did not dare think to know why, yet expected the strange, somewhat pressing ambiance of the place to be at fault. The fact that the Temple housed worship for He who was Holy and Divine… It made the structure feel like nothing but a sacred - perhaps even heavenly place. The reason behind the silent halls that were perhaps lacking worshipers could not possibly be... she, who glared as if she were a ghost from a different shadowy corner of the Hall of the Gods every morning and afternoon. Or him: Mr.Teatime, who liked practicing his ancient-sounding call for caution in the middle of the cold nights, as the tuning sea winds mixed in with his song. A true siren. Today the voice echoed until it bounced from within the building.

She pulled herself from the shadowy floor to greet the Temple's guests after having recognizing at least one (a certain blue mare's) of the voices. She had not forgotten the last time the pegasus had stood in that same back lit entrance. Her shadow had been nothing but a ticking time bomb then, a target filled with confusion for the arrow of enlightenment. If Ampere behaved, it wouldn't be like that now.

– and if it wouldn't be like that, there would be time left for other things.

“Ah, goodday” Maren smiled at Ampere, with a quick glance to Volterra. Ah. She didn’t know why that strange sound of recognition had left her lips with such sudden inspiration. Although it seemed like such a normal thing to do, it was quite unlike herself. But coming in together like that… It would have almost made her think they were here to be wed. To some extent that thought surprised her own mind. Maren's silent golden eyes turned to shimmer suspiciously long on Volterra. Somewhere behind the tiger mare Mr. Teatime yawned, awakened by his companion’s thoughts, questioning her thought-process  – which she did too, at this point. Well, in a way they are...

The tiger mare stretched one of her feathery fingers to settle an itch behind her left ear. “–Yes, the erosion of our island,” the tiger mare recognized after scraping her dusty throat. “It sure is a strange phenomenon. I assume you'd like me to continue Aithniel's plan?”  

Talking
Notes

@Volterra
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES] - by Maren - 04-04-2017, 10:39 AM