the Rift

I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

The air was thick with warmth even inside the walls of the building where they stood hidden from the sun rays. It bounced against her eardrums like a chore of angels; blasting their trumpets. She took a noticeable breath to fuel her brain, taking in the air of the two characters standing before her as she looked at them from silent golden eyes. She realized this must be the first time in her seemingly so endless existence of Diviner-ity that a Sultan and Sultana have come to her for advice. Of course Ampere had, before, when she had been just another mare. Now both their questioning voices sounded like a somewhat tragic song in her ears. Possibly about childhood lovers, she imagined, finally reuniting only to realize one of them was terminally ill. It wasn't anyone's fault, just a rather.... useless fate. Still, she felt a sense of familiarity in it. I don't know much these days, she acknowledged in thought. Her mind wasn't what it had been; amidst this chaos of true and false Gods. The wisdom that was left was scrambled and shifty; predictably sour against the back of her tongue.

Was it less cruel for them who relied on her for her wisdom to ignore the fact that she understood so little of what went on now? Unlike two tragic lovers, wasn’t it better to keep this truth to herself until she could silently pass forth? Mr. Teatime thought this was a rather dramatic outlook on losing one's mind, but as the Crownless was of the opinion that he had too little of that what she treasured so dearly to begin with, his remark went by like a helm in the wind. Had she not felt so compelled to her marble, not much expressive, features she thought she'd probably looked rather sad today.

The diviner looked from one to the other, slightly more focused now. She nodded in response. “Aithniel’s plan was to ask the God what you are asking me now, Sultan. I assume she wished to seek knowledge as to what we could do to reinforce our fading shorelines as well. He would surely be able to shine his light upon any idea and guide us in our actions.” Maren did not know why the girl left before they could call upon his guidance, but seeing as her Father Himself was the one to give her a task outside of Helovia, it must’ve not been without reason. “Although you might want to discuss this with the crafters, instead of reinforcing the coasts, simply rebuilding a new bridge to the mainland might solve our problem. It would be a shame if we were to lose our beautiful ocean views to any metal structures, in my humble opinion of course.” Which of course...  Well, in her own mind it wasn’t so humble at all. Amidst all the things she wasn’t sure about, after all those years one thing had never changed: She could still not see the logic behind destroying that damn bridge.

Perhaps the word plan was an overstatement from her part, but the tiger mare smiled at Ampere’s interest, strangely happy to feel the eagerness for her words. “If you wish I shall prepare myself to call upon the Sun once more.”  

Talking
Notes

@Volterra
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I pray I don't love you anymore [WISE ONES] - by Maren - 04-08-2017, 05:27 PM