the Rift

Of Men and Angels [open]

Pippigrin Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Gladiator atk: 6.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 10hh :: Two HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Brandybuck :: Wolverine :: None Neverrmind

PIPPIGRIN
FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

Who would the threshold present ot him today? No more vicious bears, the halfling hoped, at least one to join his ranks would be a bonus. Having left the wide open sands of the island with his newly-won key, Pippigrin felt a new-found strength within his chest. He'd won that key! Won it! Not stolen, not had it gifted, he had challenged and triumphed! All you whippersnappers look out; Pippin the mighty, the great, the tall, was coming to get you!
It was with this fantasy that the small boy paddled his wings over the wind current, occasionally making BOOOF and CRASSSHHH noises with his teeth as he kicked his feet mid-flight, battering invisible rivals out of his way.

When the currents took him breezing over the canopy into the threshold, Pippin's fantasy soon came to an end; for the daunting sea of trees below, the hundred-year-old trunks, bark and leaves, were so much greater than he. The hobbit was certain any one of them could reach up and pluck him from the air at any given moment if they so chose, and he'd never be seen again. There was much to be feared about a forest— it was more mighty than a dragon, yet as quiet and calculating as a snake.
Stone eyes raking over the gaps in the canopy, eyeing each glade for a newcomer, It wasn't long at all before Pippigrin caught sight of a perculiar fellow who's wingbeats carried him over the terrain rather than his own legs... how strange. Would he not prefer to fly up here? Oh, but the snagging trees and their reaching branches - now that would be an easy way to put you out of flying for a few days.

"Hay!" Pippin bellowed from above, angling his own pair of wings downwards to swoop into the gap between the forest's roof. Being the minuscule size that he was, he could afford to, and could very easily fit. "I can help ya get through!" he squeaked, wingbeats taking him to a rather large overhanging branch and landing upon it. Using his wings to actually keep him up upon it (because balancing on beams was certainly NOT his strong suit), Pippigrin pressed his weight up an down on the branch as if trying to jump on it like a trampoline.
"LOOK OUT BELOooW!" He hooted, the branch giving an almighty CRACK, another creak, and soon toppling down to the earth beneath.
Pippigrin, however, remained up in the canopy, suspended by his own pair of trusty wings. That should help, or was there any more branches that might need his expert branch removing services?

HI THERE! Welcome to Helovia, so excited to meet you! I'm Neve, this is my character Pippin!
If you're interested in having Noitcerru join the Dragon's Throat, here's some info about our herd land! Also, that's a super interesting name he has! I love it, could ya tell me how to pronounce it?! I'd love to know!
Land Guide - Dragon's Throat - This will explain all the flora and fauna found on the island! We have some mythical plants and creatures that you can learn a bit about in this short guide too!
Dragon's Throat Information - This one has a small mindmap of the tiers and ranks, plus a list of the herd's companions. Below that you'll find a list of rules, then all of the ranks explained in detail, and then below that you can find history of the DT as well as information about the culture of the Throat! Ps. you absolutely do not have to read all of this but it's a helpful document to refer to when you have questions!
And finally;
New Player Tables - This is a thread i set up where new players can request a table!

If you think of any questions hit me up!

Messages In This Thread
Of Men and Angels [open] - by Noitcerru - 04-04-2017, 12:09 PM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Wessex - 04-04-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Noitcerru - 04-04-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-04-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Wessex - 04-05-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Noitcerru - 04-05-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-08-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Wessex - 04-15-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Noitcerru - 04-15-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-17-2017, 07:14 AM
RE: Of Men and Angels [open] - by Noitcerru - 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM