the Rift

[OPEN] No more yielding, but a dream

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Side-effects indeed, Amaris winced with almost every step she took, her wounds fresh and tender, glowing as if a volcano's lava floes were dripping down her legs and splashed across her barrel. Her cousin had done what she could for all, and the pool of water she had found in the Caves below seemed to have done more than just quench her thirst - but the aching would linger for a while as her body completed the healing for the magical burns. But while the dragonmare's burns glowed, Yael's smoked, most curious indeed.

"I am okay," Amaris said, at first not used to the mare's exotic accent - she was reminded sorely of her mother's own intonations (the dragonmare herself had a faint accent, different to the native tongue of Helovia's but not as strong as Yael's or her mother's). She looked upon the mare with renewed interest, wanting to know more about her, to learn what she could and befriend her - she seemed otherworldly, ancient in her mannerisms, yet youthful in her stride and step (aside from the pain she was in at the moment, obviously).

The mare is a humble creature, shrugging off her selfless actions without so much as a second thought, her heroic, altruistic actions and resulting injuries pinned down as nothing more than a mild discomfort.
"Yes," Amaris agreed with Yael's assessment of dragons, "fire does not usually affect most dragons - though they are not completely impervious." Though Amaris' dragonscales protected her from most fiery things, such curiosities as the magical wall of flames they had just faced clearly still left a mark.

Amaris fell into step with the pegasus, their strides matching, their injuries similar enough to make each limp a shared experience.
"Oh," she said, surprised to be questioned (though really, she should have expected it, for not everyone was like her and happy to exist in a comfortable silence). "I was born in the Edge, years ago -" (- obviously, Dramyrth commented -) "but found my heart wandering, and so left for some time. When my cousin joined the Throat, I followed her there, before bonding with Dramyrth." (The dragon cooed from his position in the skies above them, clearly eavesdropping and not getting mentioned enough.)

"I left Helovia just over half a season ago, to show my family who live in lands of dragonfolk, to introduce Dramyrth to them, but when I returned, two Helovian years had passed. I found my cousin again - she is a Nurse of the Edge, Tandavi is her name - and so have re-joined as a Philosopher." It was a condensed tale of 'recent events in the life of Amaris', and she told it was an academic tone, as if she herself was separate to those events. In a way, she was, for she was now living her life to the fullest, trying to make up for lost time, doing her best to contribute to her herd, learn what she could about all that had occurred - help the citizens of Helovia to overcome the latest threat, this Kaos.

"How about you? How long have you called the Edge your home?" she enquired in her soft singsong voice, genuinely interested and hoping she was not overstepping the bounds of polite conversation - she was, after all, genuinely curious, keen to know more, to befriend, to forge a relationship with this fascinating creature.
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

@Yael
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 04-08-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 04-13-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 04-18-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 04-18-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 05-02-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Akumi - 05-02-2017, 12:09 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 05-05-2017, 05:51 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Yael - 05-13-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: No more yielding, but a dream - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 09:18 PM