the Rift

[OPEN] light my fire

Clementine Posts: 9
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: Newborn (Birdsong)
Prudence :: Blue Jay :: None Kiki

Clementine had investigated many of the different areas of the Throat - the coastlines, the oasis, the Dragon’s Blood tree.  She’d splashed in the sea and in the great lake in the center of the oasis.  She’d spent time gathering every color of wildflower and chased after all manner of butterflies. She’d spent hours in the curl of the sea searching for the fabled hippocampus that were rumored to live among the rocks, but had yet to catch sight of one.  Every day she encountered new wonders, and today she was determined to uncover another one.

Her mother had told her about this place.  About the flames that burned day and night, and came alive when the diviner asked them for guidance.  Sometimes the God of the Sun even came to them via these very flames.  She’d simply gaped at her mother in awe when she’d told her that.  Clementine still only had a rudimentary understanding of Gods and politics, but she knew that she wanted to know more.  

The girl wanted to know as much as possible about this place - her home - as well as the lands outside the border.  However she knew that she was safe here with her mother and her sister. It certainly didn’t keep her from wanting to go on adventures outside the border, but at the end of the day the Throat was home. The Throat still seemed like a big place in her young eyes, but she knew that the lands across the sea were even bigger.  Perhaps one day she would see more of them.  She saw the way her mother had hesitated when she took them across the bridge, but what Clementine had failed to understand is that very real dangers lurked in Helovia.  Her mind was still unsullied - filled with sunshine and flowers and butterflies and adventures. There were no shadows in Clementine’s world.

The filly’s eyes widened as she approached the flames, careful to stay both a safe and respectful distance from the site.  She’d seen fire before, of course, but she knew that this fire was magic fire and that made it infinitely more fascinating.  The girl said nothing, stunned into silence for the time being, unable to draw her gaze away from the ever-dancing flames.

C L E M E N T I N E

image credit

open to anyone :D
(maybe @Jude since I was away last thread? <3)

Please tag Clementine in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit

Messages In This Thread
light my fire - by Clementine - 04-04-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: light my fire - by Jude - 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM