the Rift

[OPEN] Would you light my Candle?

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Lyra, as always, was utterly delighted to be included in the conversation - and her slow approach turns to a full-body wiggle of delight when Yael lowered her golden nose to greet her. The young kitsune danced forward - sniffing at the air curiously as she got closer, learning the scent of the mare. Her small dark nose pressed lightly to that of Yael’s if the mare would let her, followed by a quick lick, before Lyra sat down nearby. Mesec had seen her act like this a few times before - it seemed to always be with mares and it was his young companion’s way of showing her she approved of them.

Mesec just shook his head with a smile and introduced her while she gazed up at Yael with bright violet eyes. “This is Lyra.”

Then her questions - his smile brightened when they started rolling out - one after the other. “Well, these caves were discovered, or created I’m not quite sure if they had always been present, when the population of Helovia had to hide down here to avoid a sickness that had spread across the land - that was turning friends and herd-mates into terrible wraiths. So there was once a time when many faces would look upon this wall a day.” Mesec paused then, looking upon the wall and remembering when these caverns were crowded with hundreds waiting for a time when they could return to the sunlight. “Perhaps they put it down here to remind us of their presence during that dark time.”

The God of the Spark was perhaps the one that Mesec knew the least about - and he felt like much of Helovia felt the same way (and, surely, that was how the god wanted it). But he would try to answer Yael’s questions as best as he could - his voice showing a little of his uncertainty. “I actually don’t know how long ago this was… not very long, I think. The God of the Spark… he doesn’t usually stick around. He’s also the guardian of time, and I’m not sure it works the same way for him as it does for us. Not nearly so linear. I don’t know for sure why he left, but I imagine he had other places to visit. And back then, the herd in the Basin did not exist - so the other gods had a herd devoted to them that tethered them here in Helovia while he didn’t.”

you'll always be a part of me

artwork by mbpanther

@Yael
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Would you light my Candle? - by Yael - 04-05-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Mesec - 04-10-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Yael - 04-12-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Mesec - 04-23-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Yael - 04-25-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: Would you light my Candle? - by Mesec - 06-08-2017, 06:24 AM