the Rift

[PRIVATE] The longer I run

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
barefoot on a summer's night

"I don't think she was duped. It doesn't strike me as likely." Iso replied. Out of all of the Gods, it was only to the Goddess that Isopia resolutely offered her confidence. She might not always agree with the deity, but the thought that she acted impulsively or could be so easily tricked did not cohere with what Isopia knew of her. The male gods, she thought, all had their flaws. They were too kind, too proud, too uncaring. But the Goddess? If nothing else, she seemed to be focused upon Helovia in a way that her siblings just weren't.

Deciding to ignore Volterra's comments about telling lies, Isopia merely shrugged her slender shoulders noncommittally, causing her cape to flutter in loose crimson waves down her back. Without the emotional pull of her memories, it was easy to let his disagreement drift off of her. After all, if what she wanted (did she though?) was to be his friend again (or more?), then the best course of action was to leave the past in the past.

"Did he reveal himself as our enemy? He lied, that's certainly true. But as you've said, he's only here because of what our Gods did. They massacred his various... incarnations ? And now he has decided to take up residence here. That only seems fair, given that we are responsible for the destruction of his home. I suppose time will tell.."

As they lumbered through, eventually the now mostly hidden pathway to Isopia's clearing became more obvious. The familiar trail struck a chord in Isopia's mind as her memories of this place and all that it once meant to her, came flooding back. Abruptly stopping, Isopia stared ahead, her large golden eyes fixed on the place where, just shortly ahead of them, the trees would break to reveal the spot Isopia had once made her home.

Image Credits

@Volterra

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-06-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-08-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-10-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM