the Rift

[PRIVATE] The longer I run

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
barefoot on a summer's night

Volterra's bulk pushes her forward a few steps, for despite her height advantage, the Indomitable is much bulkier than she. On long and nimble legs she turns instinctively around to face him as an apology falls from his lips, but she barely hears it. Instead she hears her blood rushing in her ears and feels the heat on her cheeks that the swell of blood has brought. Whether it's from the surge of memories or his proximity - or both - she can't tell, but nor does she really try to.

Is something wrong?

Everything, she wants to say, but instead of opening her mouth, her golden eyes merely shine with the threat of tears. Isopia has wanted to remember in the past, but not like this. Now she doesn't just want to remember, but she wants to feel something again. Looking into Volterra's ruby stare, standing as close as they are, she wants to remember how it felt to be at his side the day of the forest fire. The way his wet shoulders felt pressed against hers the first time they tried her hottub. That she didn't only made the gulf inside of her body feel that much more enormous and that much more empty.  

"It's just.." She began, the words feebly dying as she stared into his eyes. "...been a while." since I've been here? Since you've touched me? Since we've had eye contact for this long? "Come on." Her eyes swung low as her body skirts around. She can't bear to look at him any longer, disgusted that there are tears in her eyes that her heart no longer understands. She hates her body for remembering what her mind no longer does.

As Isopia pushes through the trees which have grown over the edge of the clearing, she walks without pause to the small grave. There are a small mound of stones that pulse warmly with magic she placed in them so many seasons ago. On top of it is the rock statue Volterra had made, covered in the blood of one of the rift gods. It is still a bright bizarre red, despite the days that have passed since she placed it here.

Without looking to Volterra, she says, "I gave birth to him right here. And then buried him immediately after." Her voice sounds far away, and uncharacteristically sad, even though it is level.

Image Credits

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-06-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-08-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-10-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM