the Rift

[PRIVATE] The longer I run

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
barefoot on a summer's night

At first, she isn't really sure what she expects of him. Part of her is worried that he'll say or do the wrong thing, and ruin whatever 'moment' this has the potential to become. However just as those fears begin to creep up into the back of her throat like a cold breeze, they are suddenly gone. Although Volterra doesn't have the best history of doing the right thing when it comes to Isopia, today he gets it exactly right.

"Of course." She whispers, her breath raspy and reedy. "I thought he should have it ... even if I only had the one.."

Isopia finds his tears oddly enduring and she wishes as though she could stop time, pull his nose from the ground, and study his emotions. He feels the things she should be, and perhaps if she could steal away his tears, she'd be able to steal away his emotions too and set things back on the track they were once on. But instead, she simply watches, feeling her heart beat faster in her chest as her throat began to tighten. The words he speaks are foreign, and her ears strain for a moment to understand them before recalling that Volterra speaks another language. It was one of the things that so drew her to him in their early days. She remembers that now. He knew things that she didn't, and that made him so interesting to her. Look at him now; he still knows things that she does not.

His weighty crimson gaze almost feels like a wet blanket as it finds her own uncertain stare. Part of her wonders if they'll fight again, but she doubts it. Isopia isn't the best at reading emotions, but now, she thinks Volterra is only sad for what they have lost. Fighting won't fix things now. They already tried that.

"I did." She says, eyes brightening for a moment, then growing sullen and dull. Perhaps she should have asked Volterra for his input? But at the time, it didn't seem necessary. Now though, it seems strange that she should be telling him their son's name, after all this time. "Kókkino thanátou." The demigoddess whispers, the words falling eloquently from her dark lips. "It means red death." For a moment she looks towards Verzes, thinking red death and the crimson dragon's name were oddly fitting together, then looked back to Volterra. "He was dark, but not black, with beautiful red eyes. The earth glowed green where he fell, and I thought...I thought maybe.." Her breath hitched, and Isopia's normally emotionless death-masked face twisted with regret. "But he was gone. Whatever magic he had dimmed immediately."

As she swallowed down the sob rising in her throat, she looked to Volterra and wanted to shrug her shoulders, but found them to be shaking such that she couldn't. Although it was warm out, Isopia's slender body vibrated as her mind tried to reconcile the vast pit of nothingness in her stomach, with the things that she had done.

Image Credits

@Volterra hnnggg wat even

Messages In This Thread
The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-06-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-08-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-10-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-18-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Volterra - 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: The longer I run - by Isopia - 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM