the Rift

Silent Crows [Murder/God/s]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had waited patiently for the blue stallion to arrive, her coat beginning to sweat from the heat of the blue, churning earth around the shrines. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, pretending she was back in the Steppe. The detail of her memories was so clear that she could almost feel the winter breeze and the soft hush of whirling wind across the sugar-white planes of snow. Alas, it was not real. A familiar, male voice roused her from her thoughts, and she mused that his baritone was much more handsome when not being used to yell accusing words at her, and she nodded. "Quite all right," she replied with a gentle smile. Ophelia was not about to pry into the reason of his brief detour. Everyone was allowed their secrets.

She grew concerned at the tone of his voice toward the gods. The Sun would surely take offense to his tone. What immortal would not? A transient being such as them did not hold a candle of light to their glorious eternity. In all honesty, Ophelia pitied them. When she was to die, her time would pass and her soul would come to rest. The Gods were doomed to a life of forever, never able to make roots in the world without living to watch them die. How many children did they have to bury? How many lives passed before their eyes? Too many. Her heart ached for their burden. "Be kind," she whispered, glancing softly into the stallion's bright, red eyes with an amiable warning.

Suddenly, the earth began to tremble, and she held her ground, widening the stance of her cloven hooves as pieces of the earth fell into the raging, blue sea of deathly lava. The gigantic figure of the God of the Earth soon appeared before the shrines, and Ophelia bowed her head to the stallion, remembering meeting him before, when she was only a child. With a certain gentleness, the great, winged ram had healed her sister's legs and their request, and she would forever remember his kindness. Murder was lucky to receive his presence, rather than that of the Sun. However, Murder's words must have upset the great, divine stallion, but something about his words were off.

They did not take his crows? Ophelia's brows furrowed deeply. She remembered what had happened clear as she saw the rocks beneath her own hooves. "My apologies, Great Earth God," she said quietly, taking a few, hesitant steps forward. "I thank you again, for how you helped my sister. Your son is growing into a fine, handsome young colt. I am constantly amazed at his maturity and thoughtfulness." Ophelia would take any chance she had to talk to the gods to remind them that she was grateful. "I met my friend, Murder, in the Threshold, and Tinek was with me."

The silver dragon stared up at the god in awe, blinking at him with wide, crimson eyes. Since he was a frost dragon, he held magic of both the watery Earth and the burning Light. Tinek bowed his scaled head. "When I followed him into a cave, the crows disappeared. Tinek saw them leave, if you want, we can show you. Search our minds." Ophelia moved closer, offering his touch to look into her thoughts. "I suggested to Murder that one of you took them since he was new to Helovia, but was I mistaken?" she asked with furrowed, concerned brows.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Silent Crows [Murder/God/s] - by Ophelia - 10-31-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Silent Crows [Murder/God/s] - by Murder - 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
RE: Silent Crows [Murder/God/s] - by Ophelia - 11-22-2012, 07:46 PM
RE: Silent Crows [Murder/God/s] - by Murder - 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Silent Crows [Murder/God/s] - by Murder - 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM