Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
Iskra & Zèklè
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been
Don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea
By the grace of the fire and the flames
You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins
It had been some time since Iskra first found the precious egg and had his fight with his mother. He had discreetly cared for it since, and she'd been too busy being Sultana to really approach him about it again. After the heat of the moment had died and all his tears had dried, Iskra had chewed on all she had to say. There was certainly some truth to her words, and that doubt nestled heavily inside of him. He found himself talking to Squishy less and less, only in moment of complete loneliness. He'd gone back to the place where he found the egg several times, watching for any mothers, any newborns, any other eggs. He only ever saw the stray gull and crab however, and with a defeated sigh he'd trudge back home.

What if he had ruined the egg's life? He liked to think he saved it, but maybe he'd been too excited and took it when it hadn't really been in need? There'd been no other eggs around, but maybe the mom was, like his mom said. Did he accidentally egg-nap, and did goo intentions make a difference?
Also how was he going to take care of it? He wasn't sure what would come out, but he wasn't sure that he'd know what to do, whatever it was. Squishy was easy... he didn't need anything!

Iskra had watched a few hatchings since, and he'd been swept up by how joyous they always seemed, that he forgot to ask about how any of them expected to take care of each other. So many horses had companions though that he also found it hard to believe that it could truly be as bad as Ampere said, or that he wouldn't be able to do it properly. Maybe he'd make mistakes, but she was hardly perfect.

Still, he was lonely. Did that make it selfish to still want the companion after everything? Was it such a crime to not want to feel such a terrible thing all the time? Couldn't the companion, even if they were bound, still choose to leave and live?

Iskra was staring soulfully at the little egg nestled in the sands between his hooves with such heavy thoughts tumbling around inside his head. As it started to wiggle to and fro however, it caught his attention, and all thoughts dissipated beneath the wonder of the hatching. He gasped as it cracked and wiggled more earnestly, encouraging it with gentle words; Squishy peered on from behind him.

"C'mon, you can do it!"

image | coding

@Zekle

[if you know Ampere and/or Iskra pretty well o.k. to join, he's gonna need some help from his mom, I just don't want too many people in this thread! <3 if you're not sure ask :D]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Soulbound and Heartbroken [hatching] - by Iskra - 04-09-2017, 12:31 AM