the Rift

[OPEN] got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
The desert that had once been her home, years ago, was her destination once more, though for vastly different, unusual reasons this time. They want to build a temple, she mused to her beloved little king, to worship a great deity, or to appease one who had smote the realm just how many times before? It was a curious gesture, one that Amaris wasn't sure she fully agreed with, but for the sake of the herd (and her desire to prove herself worthy of being a part of said herd again), she would do what she could to help everyone achieve their desired goal. The Moon Goddess was, at least, honest about her dishonesty, crude and cruel but never denying that fact; one knew what they were worshipping when they chose the Goddess as their patron: a lady of darkness and wind, as unpredictable as the weather she controlled, as devious as the shadows she lived in.

Being home was nice, if she was being honest. She had not felt so settled, so established in a realm for a long time - though the sandy land she was approaching was the closest she had come to in the past. I was even a healer there, a 'Sun Physician', blessed with the Lord of Light's powers of healing, she narrated to her beloved, her little king, as they walked across the changing terrain with a convoy of Edgelings not far behind. Dramyrth knew vaguely of his bonded's past, having shared her mind, her heart, her soul for long enough to have sifted and learned what he could from her memories and recollections. But intricate, unique details such as this he was ignorant to, and cherished when his bonded deigned to speak of them. I was a terrible healer, it wasn't the first time she had called herself that, unsuited for the rank and responsibility, her thoughts seemed to fade, to darken, as she was reminded of the time she stepped down, and eventually left the herd - she had followed her cousin, her beloved Tandavi, to the wilds, to find themselves and each other again.

But times were more uncertain now, as Volterra himself had told her when she came to the Throat upon her return to the lands of Helovia. He had offered her a place in his realm again, he and Ampere, the Sultan and Sultana - she wondered if they would be hurt, offended or otherwise displeased that she had chosen her own path, a journey separate to the ones they were walking. Would they reject her request for assistance today, her abject aim to ask to intrude upon their lands and take something from their majestic Diviner's flame? Would they simply turn her away, deny her passage? She hoped she knew both Volterra and Ampere better than that; she hoped they would understand that she had to follow her heart, her family, she had to carve her own way in this path and at this point, it did not include being a part of their herd.

What are you doing? Amaris asked, pleased for the distraction as her companion flew higher and higher still, a strange determination filling him. Preparing, was all he offered by way of explanation, though the dragonmare picked up echoes of memories of a 'great battle' fought the last time they arrived on the sandy shores of the Throat between he and Volterra's golden queen, Vadir. With a knowing grin, Amaris merely shook her head softly, before coming to a smooth halt upon the mainland border of the Dragon's Throat. She didn't wait long before announcing herself, a colourful tune that she hoped hid whatever underlying anxiety she held close to her heart, a song that was neither completely equine nor dragon in tone.

ooc: Amaris is here to catch up with @Volterra and anyone else who would like to greet them, she comes with some Edgers seeking some ash from the Diviner's fire for their herd quest!
@Iona

sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest] - by Amaris - 04-09-2017, 06:09 AM