the Rift

[OPEN] got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Dramyrth was pleased with himself, smugly so. That the golden queen had not yet reached his altitude worked perfectly in his favour - that she insisted upon 'summoning' him to her amused him. He ignored her, seemingly more interested in the clouds above than the insignificant meanderings of queens below. The golden king was on high, his throne taller and clearly far more magnificent than the queen who chased him - chased him, but would never catch him, unless he allowed her to. That was why kings were smaller than their queens - they were slimmer, less bulk was present to house eggs and all those feminine things, they were wholly more muscle, strength and athleticism. That wasn't to say a queen wasn't these things as well - but kings were designed for speed, for agility, for cunning.

So Dramyrth use his so-called cunning, his wits, his 'smarts' to good use - he ignored the queen below, huffing a frosty breath every now and then so that something akin to snow might fall upon her should she fly in his shadow.

Amaris wanted both to roll her eyes at their antics and laugh a little bit - she did neither, instead choosing to act as Volterra did and focus upon the horse-folk currently present. The caramel-rimmed curvature of her nape bent into an arc as she greeted the Sultan, her tiara dipping cordially, though the deferential action was softened by the smile upon her lips and behind her molten-gold eyes. "Sultan," she purred with her draconic lilt, "the pleasure, as always, is mine." It was perhaps a bit more formal than their usual greetings - the last they had met, Amaris had been in a flux, having just returned from a journey that took her farther than intended, and every time before that had been as youths, friends. Were they still friends now?

Yes, Amaris answered the question herself, for her dragon was far too busy circling higher and higher still, uninterested in lowering his altitude (lest his beloved bonded absolutely required him to, of course). "Vérzés!" the dragonmare greeted, accentuating his name in a way only one with dragonsblood could - she reached out to the red with her golden muzzle, to share a warm breath of air to him in greeting (or touch briefly should he desire). "I have a new trick to show you," she said softly to the little (compared to the royals, though he certainly was large for a red) crimson drake, before she shut her eyes in concentration a moment - and then, all around her burst forth five dragon-spirits, two red males and three green females, all singing a colourful chorus and dancing about them all. "Oops," Amaris said as she stepped back, seemingly remembering herself. "Sorry, I've been wanting to show Vérzés - he's always the happiest to meet the spirits I summon," she said by way of explanation, before sending all but one of the green spirits back to the otherrealm from whence they came.

"I come with news and a request, Sultan Volterra," she said, her tone more correct now, though her smile never left. "I found my cousin in the mists of the Edge - I have joined her there, though I am grateful for your offer of refuge. I - we -" (Amaris motioned to the Edgelings who followed in her wake) "- come seeking favour, or a trade if we have anything of interest to you and yours." It was only fair, was it not? Amaris herself had nothing of use to offer, though if she did, she would offer it. But the herd itself was reasonably 'wealthy' as far as its craftwares and knowledge - she hoped they could come to an agreement (or else call it a favour to be returned to the Throat in the future). "Our Goddess has granted us a task, to build her a grand temple, but to do so correctly we need certain items of significance. One of those things is ash from the Diviner's Fire - I only need enough to fill this jar." Amaris now motioned to the small glass jar that was strung around her nape, resting upon the curve of her pectorals (just below the newly formed, glowingly silver scar). "If you could find it within yourself to grant this favour, we would gladly be indebted to you, unless you know of anything we can provide to you forthwith?"

@Volterra
Edgers are still welcome to drop by (they're just NPCS for now)~

sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me

@Volterra tags
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest] - by Amaris - 04-11-2017, 05:52 AM