the Rift

[OPEN] got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
The golden queen does not give change, and Dramyrth pulls out of his dive as soon as he realises. She simply hovered where he escaped her grip and lightning breath, a beacon, a drop of sunlight against the clouds above, staring down at him. But in Dramyrth's mind, that she did not give chase was as equal in reason to he not rising to her - she knew she would never be able to best him in agility, and he knew he would never best her in strength - why could she not realise that there was more ways to winning than sheer strength? That cunning and calculation and picking one's battles was a sign of intelligence, and not only that, foresight. Dramyrth respected Vadir, as she wished, but he did not see her as his better, at least, not in all things.

He thought her a bit foolish.

He gave a cry, not of outrage or offence, but simply invitation. The ball was in her court - she could accept it, and fly by his side, comrades in the air (until such a time as this changed), or she could stay atop her false perch of superiority, and add (or detract?) to the opinion Dramyrth held of her. Scale hue and gender only held so much meaning.

Besides, I have a queen-of-my-heart, Dramyrth offered dryly through the bond, as he drifted upon the air currents to catch up to where his bonded wandered. The air was different here, hotter, it rose faster and he could ride the thermals at a glide for most of his travels. Amaris smiled at his comment and his discovery of the different ways the lands affected the air above, noting softly one becomes a strong flier when one has less wind to carry them most of the time.

The dragonmare was pleased for Volterra, truly. It was difficult for her to see him as a stallion grown, as a leader, a warrior, a father. To her, she would always remember the young boy thrilled at meeting a dragonlady and her spirit friends, simply dying to know more of them. Then she remembered seeing him, grown a bit more, bonded to his red beast, ready to take on the world. And then again, she met him after he had bonded to seemingly his ultimate desire - a golden queen.

Idly, she wondered what she was, a golden dragonmare, to the stallion.

She hoped she was at least a friend to him - it was all she ever hoped of those she found herself caring for; that they cared in some small way in return about her, that they thought well of her, even if she was stolen away by timeslips or disease or her whimsical want to explore on occasion.

He confirmed that life is good for him, and she can see that it is - she tried to update her perspective of him, she knew he was so much more than the colt she first met, though she would always remember that day.

Then he mentioned foals and her in the same sentence, and the dragonmare could not help the laugh that bubbled up.

"Truly, O Indomitable one? A foal?" she said with laughter colouring her tones, lightheartedly using the moniker he had adopted since taking the mantle of Sultana. "Motherhood and I are not suited for each other," she said simply, not really wanting to go deeper than that on what was meant to be more of a political visit than anything else. "Dramyrth is enough work," she added playfully, gesturing idly to skies above where the golds went through their antics.

They were getting closer to the great Fire of the Diviner, and Amaris slowed her steps to allow the Sultan to take the lead and direct her where she could venture, wondering also if they might be attended to by the herd's current Seer - no, Diviner. "Is Maren still here?" Amaris asked a little bit abruptly, as the thought came to her. She recalled the beautiful striped mare with wings upon her poll from her time amongst the herd, and wondered if she had remained a constant in the herd during the dragonmare's untimely absence.

So much else had changed, Amaris just wanted some aspects of her life to remain the same.

Edgers are still welcome to drop by (they're just NPCS for now)~
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me

@Volterra @Maren
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest] - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 07:02 AM