the Rift

[OPEN] got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Dragons, the thought kept tumbling about the dragonmare's own head, a huffed, potentially hypocritical thought that judged a species she shared blood with. They were so fickle, so stuck on their pride and ego and being the greatest - Amaris loved her Dramyrth just the way he was, with all of his damnable pride included, and she was equally proud that he possessed a brain within that golden cranium of his, though she wished he would devote some of that brainpower towards something other than impressing a golden queen, who clearly, had no time for him. But, such was the situation presented to them, she could only find amusement in it, even if she did not understand the depth of the reasons behind it, ignorant to such sexual displays of magnificence as she was.

The queen that flies high above him, makes a proclamation then, and he surges with delight at her change of heart. Was she finally beginning to recognise that their weaknesses were not weaknesses at all when they were together, that only their strengths mattered, because they balanced each other out so well? Ah - she was inviting him to prove this to her, and he gladly would comply with such a demand, for he could prove his worth to her in this task. The golden king went into hunter mode then, tracking the intruding bird with his keen gaze, watching the queen's movements and moving his own body in a similar way, but below the large bird. As the queen swooped in and pulled the vulture's attention, Dramyrth darted upwards, riding the warm currents of air to a sharp incline, using the inevitable decline of the bird's altitude as Vadir collided with it to his advantage. When he was near enough, he flipped and attached himself neatly to the bird's chest and neck, claws wrapping , meeting Vadir's around the wing joints of the great avian, teeth flashing as he used the bird's focus upon her to bite with his powerful jaws at the exposed neck, aiming to go in with an agile snap! to end the creature in one fell swoop.

He felt the bird struggle, felt its powerful muscles rebel against the assaults it was receiving, and even if his bite did not bring it a quick death, he would stay latched onto the avian until it suffocated, or Vadir had an opportunity to add her own jaws into the fray and end it once and for all.

Amaris, better able to concentrate with her beloved occupied by something seemingly more productive than simple pining over his inability to hold Volterra's golden dragon's attention for more than a few minutes at a time, studied the Sultan's reaction, silently pleased of the reaction she managed to rise out of him. "Oh, I see," she offered in response to his reply, a knowing, cheeky glint to her eye, a smirk on her lips. Dragons and children might be different to some, but for Amaris, dragons were children, or at least, they had the potential to be, when she was half-dragon and half-equine, should she mate with a dragon and not an equine, wouldn't she birth a child who was also a dragon? Ah, but that was a riddle she would pose to him another time. "I suppose you would know best, being experienced in both," it wasn't said with any tone of snarky nastiness, but an almost congratulatory acknowledgement to him and his hoard of offspring. It was a feat that Amaris admired, yet felt no desire to match, or be a part of - at least at this stage of her life.

As they approach the flame, and he tells her of Maren's lingering existence, the dragonmare offers another smile, the relief clear upon her countenance as she receives this confirmation that yes, the world may change, but some things remain constant, at least. "That's good to know," she commented idly, before recalling to the surface of her focus the true reason behind her visit. "I just need some ash," she said, bending her nape to pry the jar that hung around her neck loose, and drop it to the sand at the edge of the towering pillar of flame. "Vérzés," she purred softly, hoping to pry his attention away from the other dragons and to herself instead. "Would you mind lending your slightly more fire-proof self towards filling this jar up with some ash for me?"

Edgers are still welcome to drop by (they're just NPCS for now)~
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me

@Volterra @Maren
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: got some sand to spare? [Edge Herd Quest] - by Amaris - 05-09-2017, 06:06 AM