the Rift

[OPEN] X-Women: The Age of Mutants

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
What is it with others coming out of the dark and sneaking up on her while she’s going through her mutations? Like Wessex is some sort of freak show with a flashing (but invisible to its bearer) beacon on her saying ‘Hey! Everybody! Want to see someone grow more spikes?!’

The voice, however, is in striking contrast to the Basin Lord’s snarky one, and even though Wessex is irritated, she cannot deny that the owner of said voice is probably full of good intentions. It’s melodic, sing-songy, and logic says the warrior would be hard pressed to find someone intent on harming her who first asked if she is alright. The mare who steps into sight only adds to the surprise, for she too, seems to possess some unusual features. Wessex’s gaze immediately goes to her leathery wings, and then to the gold dragon that seems to hover around. Her companion, she assumes, but makes no effort to engage it as she has recently discovered that not all companions are as ebullient as Nimue.

“Ah… yes. Fine. “ the Corporal replies, not quite sure how to otherwise respond. Her tail twitches then, filled with a jolt of itchy growing pains. Wessex winces, and then immediately regrets it. “Nope, just me and some… growing pains.” Her shoulders roll, and that in itself sets off a whole new batch of aches. If only she could get to the Basin, throw herself into the Hot Springs, and then just live there for a day or two. But she cannot move now, not without rest that seems to be elusive, and with someone here to conveniently take her mind off all the things, she chooses to engage the mare. “What are you doing out here at this time of night?”

All the normal folk are sleeping. Wessex isn’t normal, by virtue of her appearance. What is Amaris’s peculiarity?

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Amaris
Sorry dis sucks :/
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-10-2017, 10:31 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-11-2017, 06:35 AM