the Rift

[OPEN] X-Women: The Age of Mutants

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Oh, to find sleep as easily as she had when the comforts of youth still clouded her mind. Amaris had never been a stupid child, no, but the ignorance of youth truly was blissful, mostly because one did not know just how little one knew. As age and time and experience chipped away at one's innocence, the realisation of just how insignificant you were became more apparent. And for some reason, this realisation caused anxiety, uncertainty, unrest - and, inevitably, shit sleeping cycles.

Amaris maintained a small half-smile, a shadow of a smirk upon her lips, as the mare commented on sleep, or lack thereof, being normal. Yes, at times like these, when one preferred moonlight to daylight, but the majority of activity occurred during daylight, meant sleep was elusive even when one was not fraught with overwhelming thoughts that churned into a cesspool of anxiety and restless nerves. The dragonmare did what she could to cope - she walked, she thought, she filled in the time as best she could with something, anything just to continue getting by in the crazed world.

So the mare was from the Basin, and most likely in the warrior ranks, if her comments were anything to go by. Amaris tried to maintain fitness in a survival setting, she did what she could to ensure she knew how to defend herself, how to disable an attacker, how to stand strong against one who would strike her down - how to protect her home, even if it technically was her rank's responsibility, it was hers. Amaris offered a conciliatory nod and wry grin, happy that at least it seemed the mare's pride was more bruised up than her body.

"It's best to keep moving, if you can. It will hurt, but a lot less in the long run, than if you stand still and let the aches settle too long." Soft, warm tones offered, though their words suggested low level torture as the solution to everlasting pain and suffering. "I'd be happy to walk with you if you want." It was a genuine proposal, though she suspected she might be scoffed at for making it. So, with another wry, almost cheeky grin, she added swiftly: "Or, of course, I'd be happy to stand around talking all night too, if you'd rather succumb to your bruised and battered ego."

@Wessex
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-10-2017, 10:31 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-11-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-22-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-23-2017, 07:19 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-26-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 11:53 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 06-08-2017, 05:06 PM