the Rift

[OPEN] X-Women: The Age of Mutants

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
“I know, I know, I know…” she grumbles back, hating that she’s pretty much disregarded the first rule of post-spar recuperation; don’t settle in until you’ve soaked your aching body, if at all possible. “This isn’t my first rodeo, just the worst thus far.” Her head turns to glance back at her hip, mock-glaring at the body part that’s failed her the most. The lady does make sense, however, so she sighs heavily - dramatically, even - and shoves herself up from the ground. It makes her wince, sharp pain shooting through her hips and down her leg. The bone is probably bruised, the flesh around it far more tender and inflamed that she’d like. “If you don’t mind walking with a cripple, I… would be glad for the company. There’s a hot spring in the Basin, I was hoping to make it there, but the going is slow.” It is almost as painful for her to admit to wanting - no, needing help - as this sparring aftermath is. But the logical part of her wins out, again, and she knows that there are few options that make sense.

“I’m Wessex,” she says gruffly, by way of introduction. If they’re going to walk together, they should probably know each other’s names.

“So what’s your story?” she asks, as she begins to hobble away from the protection of the tree, wanting nothing more than the sweet, sweet distraction of someone else talking, while she dreams of alternating in baths of ice and steaming hot springs. You know what would be really awesome right now? For her to mutate a pair of fucking wings, not these little stubby bone bits on her rear end.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Amaris
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-10-2017, 10:31 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-11-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-22-2017, 03:31 PM