the Rift

[OPEN] X-Women: The Age of Mutants

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The dragonmare couldn't help the sense of judgement, of assessment, as the spiked mare continued speaking. That the mare thought her own story, her own history was less interesting than the simple fact that Amaris was half-dragon irked her a little, though she could not pinpoint specifically why. Amaris thought of herself as nothing more than what she was: half-dragon, half-equine, bondmate to a golden king (the first), a wanderer who had finally settled (at least for now), a mare of reasonable intelligence who felt emotions very deeply, who did not always make intelligent decisions despite her cleverness, who often felt awkward, anxious, and otherwise out of place even in a world of strangeness and many unique individuals.

So she offered a small half-smile, trying to be appreciative, clinging to the fascination that was dragons, for even though she shared blood with the fiery reptiles, she too found them endlessly captivating and bewitching.

Wessex moved on to speak about the current climate of war and unrest, of insecurity and curiosity over the fate of the gods. Amaris remembered from her childhood, the wars of the gods that savaged the lands, the magic that was numbed, paused, stolen for a time, the darkness that swallowed the lands. History repeats, she knew, this was just another cycle of change, of uncertainty, of crisis and turmoil. Would they survive it?

The only certain answer was that they would try.

"Kaos is indeed an interesting development, but Helovia has seen many such developments and continues onwards despite it all. I do not advise accepting complacency, but merely hope to inspire a will to survive." They were but pawns on a giant chessboard, all of them, for none of them could dream of the power the gods wielded, the sheer might of their will able to craft and construct lands from nothing (at least, that's how the original Helovia was built, before they took to 'stealing' lands from other dimensions altogether); that they were threatened, powerless and blind against this Kaos should cause concern to stir in even the most ignorant of the populace.

But they would survive, wouldn't they? They would carry on, though they had no idea of the possible changes they might have to bear, to face, to fight - or to join?

@Wessex
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-10-2017, 10:31 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-08-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-11-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-22-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-23-2017, 07:19 AM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 05-26-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 11:53 PM
RE: X-Women: The Age of Mutants - by Wessex - 06-08-2017, 05:06 PM