the Rift

[PRIVATE] you call yourself a mountain?

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia wasn't entirely sure whether or not the mountain's question was rhetorical. In one sense, no, she likely wouldn't believe that the mountain fed on magic. Mountains, by definition, were accumulated rocks and other geological features. So no, a mountain wouldn't require magic to stay alive, but a grouping of stones which could sleep, wake, and speak to her - not to mention reach out over the expanses of Helovia to draw her to it - was surely not a mountain. So in that sense, yes she did believe it.

As her attention was drawn to the other peaks nearby, Isopia was startled to realize that she had no idea how many of them - or how to tell - were mountain-facsimilies. "Are they all..." She began, diverting her eyes back to the large green iris . "Are they all like you? Have we been wrong about mountains this whole time?" Her mind suddenly blundered forwards, imagining constant magical sacrifices that would need to be made to appease the slumbering giants.

At the mountains finally question, Isopia could only allow her shoulders to rise and fall in a gesture that was uncharacteristically childish. "I don't feel sentimental towards...much of anything." She admitted. "Least of all that magic. I will always be related to my mother by blood. I don't need magic to remember that relation."

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
you call yourself a mountain? - by Random Event - 04-10-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: you call yourself a mountain? - by Isopia - 04-10-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: you call yourself a mountain? - by Isopia - 04-18-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: you call yourself a mountain? - by Isopia - 04-24-2017, 10:47 AM
RE: you call yourself a mountain? - by Isopia - 04-27-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: you call yourself a mountain? - by Isopia - 05-11-2017, 12:26 PM