the Rift

[OPEN] knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest]

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

fox boy

Just like before, they were eventually greeted by a handful of Basiners of two he recognised and one he did not. The one he did not recognise appeared first, a vision in sweaty monochrome adorned by wings and horns, usually the sign of a hybrid, though not always and a sight that might have been unwelcome a few years back—how times did change as power was passed from one to another. Not quick enough Sacre thought, thinking of Mesec with a note of sadness. "Thank you Weaver, I am Sacre" he greets, smiling amicably and dipping his head in thanks, wondering what she had been doing to be so lathered in sweat. "A quest—" he went to explain before stopping short, noting the muttering Rikyn pushing his way through the crowd before he eventually stood alongside and the fox-boy met the King's mischievous gaze with great amusement. There was still a part of Sacre that remembered Rikyn as the colt he had once been, masquerading with another name, come to explore the deserts of the Dragons Throat with his two comrades; Sacre often wondered about their real names, presuming they had been in on the ruse. However, to see him now, grown and embracing Lordship, he found himself wondering if that boy was still in there somewhere, Dristan, under all those gruff layers he seemed to have grown.

Yet, for a moment, the conversation got away from him as Raeden spoke with the same boldness Sacre remembered her for and Toulouse arrived to like a stubborn wrench in his plans. He had to stifle a great sigh that was trying it's utmost best to explode from his lips at the sudden tension seemingly created by his own silly fictitious Kingdom used to impress children. "Pretty words Toulouse, and unnecessary I think, but I thank you for your kind consideration to exclude me and our ladies from your criticism, I do forgive you" he shrugged off the phantom and his scorn with a flippant uncaring dismissal, trying his best not to actually look at Toulouse for fear his annoyance might actually show on his face as the burning need to defend Raeden rose within him. The fox-boy still didn't understand the true intentions of Toulouse at all, but Sacre had no wish to go down that particular road, he was not here for an argument and thus sought to head it off quickly. "Yet, a team we are, however unlikely, I'm sorry if we have caused you needless offence Rikyn, that's really not why we're here " he turned back to Rikyn, throwing a quick glance at Raeden as he did so, pleading her to hold her prejudices and her temper as he grappled to keep things smooth, knowing full well that he didn't have any kind of power over Raeden but that of a fellow herd mate who silently begged her to save any temper for later. Sacre knew first hand what it was like to be on the receiving end of that. Though he would happily risk her wrath if she should direct it at him, if it would complete this simple task. "I do not think I could take it back even if I tried, alas I am not here for my crown, it fits you better anyway" he winked with mirth, assuming the same manner he had the day he told Dristan that he was the King of Spies "and Lord of the Basin it appears too, congratulations" he concluded with a flourish to finish it off. Sacre had always liked to err more on the dramatic side, perhaps he might make a great storyteller one day.

"Yes a quest" he nodded at Akumi, grateful for her input, it gave him an opportunity to return to the main reason behind them being a border nuisance "I was just about to mention it to Weaver here, we are charged with a task by our Goddess, to build her a worthy temple, for that she has told us we need water from the pool near the Haruspex mirror, I ask that you permit us this favour or even trade, if there is something you might also seek from us" he then placed a glass jar, taken from the healers greenhouse, at his feet.  

"We only need what will fit in this jar and then we will leave, lest we outstay our welcome" he pushed it forward towards the Lord.

ehrm post order is probably a lie in a thread this big :3 I'm sorry if I missed anything D:

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest] - by Sacre - 04-10-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest] - by Sacre - 04-13-2017, 08:12 AM