the Rift

[OPEN] knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Everything goes okay, at first. Sacre looks back at me with that conspiratorial grin I’d first seen him wear, and those who have come with him settle into place in almost perfect time.

Then, Raeden opens her stupid mouth – I glare at her – and Toulouse arrives out of the woods. Turning my eyes towards him, taking in his words with backwards slanted ears, I wonder if my parents ever felt this way: as if they were being pulled in a dozen directions by tiny children, mewling their wants and complaints with grating incessancy, and one of those kids you really, really just wanted to punch in the face.

"Certain folk shouldn’t make house-calls, I guess," I reply, rolling my gaze towards the rose colored bitch with all my annoyance with her clearly displayed on my face, "especially those who should understand I don’t particularly like them to begin with. And no, you overly nosy pincushion, I don’t know where your sister is. No one does."

The smile spread on my lips is perhaps a bit cruel. Oh well.

"But Toulouse is right," I say, a warmer grin broaching my face as I redirect my eyes toward the red-splashed unicorn, glancing down at the jar he’s set on the ground before us; though I’m not sure how much the Spark will like the idea, I’m sure it can’t hurt to show a bit of good faith towards our neighbors, especially with Kaos frolicking about, swatting people across the Marsh like flies, "we help our friends, and predecessors, I suppose. I will take two of you – not called Raeden - to the Mirror, now. I would rather no more enter that sacred place."

Mostly, Raeden can’t come because she’s already framed me once and attempted to stab me twice, and also because, well, for once, I have the power over her. Meeting her eyes smugly, as I stride forward and turn about, I meet the others with a grin, a knowing look given to the Sacre.

"You know how the God of Time can be," I chuckle, "eternity seems to make one hostile, even more so what with the Marsh business. Toulouse, Weaver, perhaps you could entertain our other guests while they wait? Regale them with legends, sing songs, whatever. We’ll be back shortly."

With that, I wait for the two who are coming along to step forward, and set off towards the cavern, some short distance across the vale.

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest] - by Sacre - 04-10-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: knock, knock, it's us again [WE Quest] - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 09:48 AM