the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should have brought flowers

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

i don't rise from the ashes, i make them.

There is an unusual stillness about her as Erebos breaks the silence, an answer in the gaping void of those. It’s something that happens to her now and again, when she’s been beaten and bruised and let herself gets lost on the battlefield. Or, in this case, when the occasion calls for it. She is not entirely what Erebos thinks of her, all barbs with no flowers. She has her moments, has the ability to be respectful of the fact she’d crashed into someone else’s life. Family, even. Into something private and untouchable, though to the be fair, at least she’d been here first.

Not that she didn’t have barbs, even in her stillness. They weren’t designed to hurt, they were designed to open, to slice like the tip of a horn in that way that draws just enough blood to remind you you are alive. She speaks the truth, and the truth is often thorns. But it’s the truth. It’s better than pretty, silken lies. “Curiosity,” she says simply. Raven perks his head, looking in Enyo’s direction at the strange sound she makes. He replies with something of a quiet, hesitant call, not entirely sure if the griffon intended to be friendly.

“He was quite the legend, I gather. I suppose I hoped to find answers in stones,” she continues, not caring if that seemed odd. After all, as Beloved had noticed, she was the girl touched by Death, come to the Basin right after their Reaper died. Coincidence? Probably. But it sounds pretty good. But she is curious to know more of the famed Reaper, to know more of Erebos. To understand the General that she sees only in one light. To understand too more of the stories Rikyn had told her, the shadowed past of the Basin. Not that she would be mentioning that piece of Erebos.

Yes, she has her opinions as he surely has his, but she’s no fool. Everyone is more than meets the eye, so what can’t she see? Maybe The Reaper is the answer to that, or some clue to what makes her General tick. Because she’s not sure he will ever simply tell her everything that goes on in that thick skull of his. What reason does he have to tell her? It’s not like she’s proved herself worth of such information. And for now, she asks no questions, but there are flowers. Every rose has its thorns, right? Just with her, ever thorn has a few roses. “Do you want to be alone?”

I'm the whole fucking fire.

- weaver -

image credit | quote by erin van vuren

@Erebos

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
Should have brought flowers - by Weaver - 04-10-2017, 05:29 PM
RE: Should have brought flowers - by Erebos - 04-12-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Should have brought flowers - by Weaver - 04-13-2017, 07:11 PM
RE: Should have brought flowers - by Erebos - 04-15-2017, 07:37 PM