the Rift

[PRIVATE] Should have brought flowers

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

i don't rise from the ashes, i make them.

Childhood hurt. At least, hers did, and she’d been far less invincible then. She’s working backward from most everyone else though. Children are supposed to be immortal, in their minds, unstoppable. And most are, protected by the sheer fact they are children. Weaver had thrown herself to the figurative wolves as a child, believing herself to be all the things children believe. She was a Princess, daughter of a monster and murderer. She was everything. Growing up has taught her otherwise, that she is nothing and no one until she proves it. But then, she could die. Then, she did die. Now, she truly is invincible (or close enough). Now, she can throw herself to the wolves and not bat an eye.

She has no desire to go back to being a child. Perhaps things didn’t hurt as much, perhaps the hurts rolled off and she bounced to her feet, but she is so much more now. More because she understands that she is less, that she must work for everything she wants to be. There’s nothing to look back on in the past but the lessons. There is nothing worth missing in the past so much that you cannot see what’s coming in front of you, because then you’d miss all the things you don’t even yet know. There’s too much in front of her to worry about the things she left behind.

She learned from that past, and she moved on. She’d keep learning, and she’d keep moving on.

Maybe, he says, and she laughs at that, swatting at him with her tail though entirely uncertain if it would actually reach him. ”That, I can do,” as if the truth of this statement isn’t already entirely obvious. Weaver isn’t afraid of the truth, doesn’t shy away from leaving literal and figurative blood in her wake. Those are the best moments, when you finally manage to cut out the bad parts and leave them rotting in the dust.

They are silent for a moment, and when he does speak again, she listens, lip curling into a sly grin as he speaks. “Now seems like a very good time for you dream. I haven’t lived here long, but I would second that hope. I will follow you wherever that dream leads. Into danger, to hell and back. It can be made real.” And her eyes mimic his, all hard ambition, all passion and desire to be powerful. Both herself and the Basin. They would be something, if she could help it. They would be everything. I think you might find that you are far from alone in your desires. Speak them loudly.” Scream them to the Heavens, because even the Heavens should be afraid.

I'm the whole fucking fire.

- weaver -

image credit | quote by erin van vuren

@Erebos

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
Should have brought flowers - by Weaver - 04-10-2017, 05:29 PM
RE: Should have brought flowers - by Erebos - 04-12-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Should have brought flowers - by Weaver - 04-13-2017, 07:11 PM
RE: Should have brought flowers - by Erebos - 04-15-2017, 07:37 PM