the Rift

[OPEN] please leave no stone unturned

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

Maybe I Like That I'm Not Alright

His interest immediately peaked at the mention of, ”colourful stones”. He enjoyed many things in life, from spending time with his family to flying and exploring new places. But as odd as it was, nothing brought him quite as much pleasure as simple and menial tasks that appealed to the child in his heart. He could certainly be doing more productive things with his time than helping a stranger search for plain old rocks (albeit colourful ones), but at the time, there was nothing he wanted to do more.

A broad grin split across his face and he nodded eagerly. “Of course! I’d be happy to help you.” He had noticed many rocks scattered about the beaches as he had been flying over them, and certainly some of them ought to be colourful, though it was hard to tell from the height he flew at. A quick glance around the shallows near them confirmed that no stones fitting her description were within their immediate vicinity, but he knew they would not be too hard to find.

He began wading up the shore until he stood on the sand beside her, turning toward the east to follow the edge of the water in search of stones. He did not wait for her to lead the way, as he perhaps should have, as it was her quest after all. But his excitement carried him forward with the expectation that she would follow. “I’m Murdock, by the way. Might I ask what you need these colourful stones for?” Perhaps she was creating a collection. Or, more likely, these stones had some purpose.

By her scent, he could tell she was from The Edge. It was a place he had called home for a regrettably short time, and he felt he had left a piece of his heart there when he left. It had not entirely been by choice, although he himself had decided to leave, but at the time he had not been in the correct frame of mind to be an asset to them and felt he was a burden upon the group he lovingly called a family.

“You’re from the Edge?” He asked as he stepped over the sand, scanning the foaming tide for signs of any rocks that fit the description of what they searched for. A few grey ones were visible beneath the rippling water, but they weren’t nearly attractive enough to catch his eye. He glanced back at her, eagerly awaiting whatever news she had to share of his former home and silently remarking to himself how fortunate he was to stumble upon such good company on his little excursion.

"Speech"

art: © x coding: © x

@Alysanne :DD Happy to be back <3
x

Messages In This Thread
please leave no stone unturned - by Alysanne - 04-10-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: please leave no stone unturned - by Murdock - 04-10-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: please leave no stone unturned - by Alysanne - 04-19-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: please leave no stone unturned - by Murdock - 04-21-2017, 10:19 PM