the Rift

[PRIVATE] the savage amazons of snarky swords

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Jesus fucking Christ, Goddess, Gods, and all sorts of minor deities, she hurts. She hurts so much. It’s the kind of hurt you get when you use foam rollers before or after the gym, the kind of pain where lactic acid has built up so quickly that even the weakest massage is agony to used and abused muscles, that hurts so good feeling, but also I’m not going to be able to move tomorrow kind of thing. So even in the infernal heat of summer (which does not seem to penetrate the Basin as much as the rest of Helovia), Wessex seeks the Hot Springs, to soothe her battered limbs and soak herself into oblivion.

Under the cover of a cloudy night, Wessex heads for the Springs in a roundabout fashion. She’s not trying to draw attention to herself by walking directly through the middle of the Basin, but also knows that for any night owls, her glowing scars are easy to follow. The horned mare could hide herself if she wanted to and blend in with the shadows of the night, but she took her armor off awhile ago, and there is very little inclination to stretch and reach and bend herself to put it back on again. Instead, she leaves it slung across her back, looking very much like the lone survivor from some catastrophic event. But oh no, it’s just a spar. And new mutations. You know, everyday aches and pains of a woman who uses her body for a living.

When the Corporal finally reaches the Springs, she shrugs off her burden and almost falls into the steaming water. The heat is overwhelming and she grits her teeth, but once the initial scalding is over, her muscles begin to untie their knots, and she closes her eyes in bliss. A very, very satisfied sigh escapes her lips as her newly spiked tail floats to the surface.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Weaver
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
the savage amazons of snarky swords - by Wessex - 04-11-2017, 11:09 AM