the Rift

[PRIVATE] the savage amazons of snarky swords

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

i don't rise from the ashes, i make them.

She notes as Wessex steps out of the heat of the springs some, wondering briefly if there’s something wrong with Weaver’s ability to sit in the springs forever. She’s toasty and a little sweaty, but she always enjoys those things. There are worse things than sweating, and certainly worse things than boiling to death in a nice, pleasant bath. Like she did when Rikyn got out of the springs the last time they’d spoken, she takes a cue from her companion, stepping back a bit so part of her body can breathe in the not-so-cool summer air. It’s still drastically cooler than the hot spring. She thinks of Rhodoc, who’s she’s always hung out with in these springs, and how he’d had no inclinations to get out, like her. There was definitely a reason she liked him.

Wessex doesn’t leave at least, willing to answer the million-dollar question, as she puts it. Weaver grins at that comment, adding, “Makes it fun to answer. Imagine if someone actually gets it right.” She shuts up after that, listening to Wessex’s answer with a more serious air about her. It is a question worth asking and thinking about, because the answer to that question really is worth a million bucks. Weaver would stand with the Basin, because she wanted to protect her home, because she actually wanted to stay. That said, that doesn’t mean she’s really against Kaos.

In truth, how could she be? She’d been raised by a woman that many would call evil, born of a father that was considered a monster. Weaver knew better, knew what drove her parents to act as they did. Well, she knew what drove her mother. She’d never met her father, but she’d heard stories, and had her own opinions about why he did what he did. Her mother was, in some sense, evil. Beneath it all those, love for her home and a desire to see it become what it should have always been drove her though. The reasons were not evil, even if the actions might have been. Nothing is so simple as it might appear.

Wessex seems to be of some similar mind, though maybe her reasons behind the conclusions are different. Kaos may not be so bad. Weaver wonders if the Gods really have the power to stop him, if they have any idea what’s happening. They seem to be rather unhelpful and distant during all this, as if they can’t help. Maybe they just don’t want to though, and Wessex is on to something. Weaver nods in agreement. “Leaving is low on my to-do list,” she admits as well. She’d admitted far more to Erebos, in a different way, but all of it is as sentimental as she gets, which is to say, not very.

She gets out of the hot springs finally, reluctant but willing, figuring she’d be a good fellow corporal and not encourage someone else to boil. “Better,” she says, stretching her now slightly loosened legs out one at a time. “I think the real question then, is how do we keep it from going to hell? Though of course, that requires knowing what he’s up to. Revenge makes sense to me, but maybe he wants to rule here? A new home, for the one that was taken.”

I'm the whole fucking fire.

- weaver -

image credit | quote by erin van vuren

@Wessex

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
the savage amazons of snarky swords - by Wessex - 04-11-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: the savage amazons of snarky swords - by Weaver - 05-26-2017, 11:14 AM