the Rift

[PRIVATE] hit me with an encore

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

ЯIKYN

Not sure why I’m still coming out here, other than I do, I especially am concerned with the cleverness of my decision now that the Sun is high overhead, and the cool breezes of the north ease out into the dry, steady gusts of the south. I hate sand. I had learned to pretend like I didn’t hate it that much when I’d spend all that time down in the caves with Mordecai, and the other hours I’d whittled away meandering aimlessly across its red face. Ultimately, however, I disliked it.

It was dry, hot, gritty, and over all a shit place to decide to be. There is nothing here in this stupid wasteland for me but the memory of disaster and loss, anyway, unless one counts the countless friction burns from all the sand settling into your crevices. I’m about to go back north, mad at myself for even being here, when I see her.

My heart does that weird thing it used to do when I’d see Xynia coming towards me in the Nightwalk, the thing that hurts and feels wonderful all at the same time, but with Mordecai, it’s more intense, not the childish lust which had clenched at my naïve being when I’d been with the silver-grey fillies. Stopping, dead in my tracks, I stare at her belly, unrounded, like Glacia’s, and only the smallest flicker of relief moves through me, before it is drowned out by desperate, impotent anger.

It’s a sword I can’t wield. I never told her the importance of what we shared, after all, and, now that I think about it, perhaps it was obvious that it hadn’t been as tender a notion to her as it was to me. I’d been gentle and slow, in all the ways she had been driven, and forthright. I had been a fool, and felt equally foolish caring for her, in all the ways she did not care for me.

"Et ei nihzo oveth hezhahat athhilezar?" I ask, quite smoothly, hiding all the insecurities and anger I have behind a proud, cold smile. Having had time to practice the inquiry in my head, though my accent is probably still shit, the words are right, and clever, for once. "I looked for you, you know."

[ Translation: Do all ravens fly great distances after sex? ]
Also I'm obsessed with these tables so ;_;

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

@Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
hit me with an encore - by Mordecai - 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Mordecai - 04-18-2017, 11:46 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Rikyn - 04-21-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Mordecai - 04-23-2017, 11:27 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Rikyn - 04-27-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Mordecai - 05-18-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Rikyn - 05-24-2017, 09:43 AM