the Rift

[OPEN] Lost myself somewhere; return if found

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space

"GIRL, YOU'RE JUST A CHILD,
A HEARTBREAK."

She is so strong, and so tough that Reich can't help but to admire her, feeling proud despite the fact that she did not belong to him in any way. Any little filly that could survive out in the wilderness alone was one that he wanted to know more about - she must have gypsy blood, to be sleeping alone at such an age. "You watched over me." He paused, watching her almost cautiously - as if she might be angry with him if he admitted that yes, he had indeed watched over her. "Yes..." he admitted slowly, his chest swelling with something he could not name "I didn't want you to get hurt... You looked so peaceful and... well, I didn't want you to be alone." His smile was slightly sheepish, but it was honest and kind. As she mentioned the Throat he grinned, buoyed up and happy to be leaving the subject of his rather strange tenderness toward a child not of his own making - "That's right," was his affirmation, though he was quick to pause as she continued.

His heart dropped instantly in regret as she seemed to droop, her large eyes glassing over with unshed tears at the mention of her parents. His chest hurt at what she admitted, that her family were... well, gone. At first he felt grieved to hear such a thing, but slowly the rage grew. He seemed almost to double in size with the fury he felt at such an act - how? How could a father abandon his child, how could a mother leave without looking back? It had happened to him - and it was a fate he would not wish upon any child, no matter the cause. So lost in his rage, he didn't notice Bellanaris approaching until she was nearly at his side, and after a slight hesitation, he dropped his head to pull her into his broad chest and under his rough hewn jaw.

"Well, Bell. I don't know if you'd be interested but... I'd like to bring you home with me. You can live with me, be my... well, I don't know if you would want to but..."

Reich struggled to get the words out, looking everywhere but at the dainty little filly. "Would you like to be a part of my family?" He asked suddenly, pulling his hefty head back to look at sweet Bellanaris hopefully. "I mean, it's just me at the moment... and I don't have much...
but what is mine, is yours"
he grinned, adding "Only if you want to" hastily. To have a daughter... he'd never had a child of his own, despite his age, and this was an entire new realm for him to discover. In fact, what if he was a useless father figure? The thought shook him a little - not to mention that word, father. Still, he would be blessed indeed if he could take such a sweet, strong young girl under his wing. She was worth every moment, and already he treasured her beyond words.

@Bellanaris yay yay!!! me too!! They're adorable <3
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lost myself somewhere; return if found - by Reichenbach - 05-03-2017, 12:37 AM