the Rift

Heal A Broken Soul || Avira

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

The stallion walked on. He was tired, his age starting to reach him. Even this morning, looking into the pool he had spotted gray hairs on the underside of his inky muzzle. He was aging. Perhaps it was time to stop wandering, find a herd where he could rest for his final days. But doing so went against the stallions heart. For the first time...in years he allowed himself to think on Leliah. For the first time, he thought about his beautiful mate and the way he had left her...the way he had not spoken to her as he should have before they died. The way he had not said I love you.

Her dead body, mutilated and torn, flashed before the elderly stallion's eyes. Had it been five years already that he had walked away from her corpse. The corpses on the plain that he had left behind were skeletons now, if not gone completely. Hundreds lay slain. Their blank eyes accused him now. Tears built in the ebony stallion's charcoal orbs. He had killed them. He had led them to ruin. It was he who had dug their graves and signed their fates. He was their executioner...and they had trusted him.

He was no more than a murderer. And a murderer he had become. The crunch of bones beneath hooves sounded in his ears, for he had snapped necks so easily. The spurt of warm blood, he could almost taste the copper in his mouth...hear the screams of mares as he murdered mates and then turned on them, ravaging them...leaving them with children to raise, fatherless youths.

He was a monster.

"Abyss speaks"

Messages In This Thread
Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Abyss - 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: Heal A Broken Soul || Avira - by Avira - 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM