the Rift

[OPEN] Between the woods and frozen lake

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She listens as Glasgow recounts the tale of first finding the crafting cave, wrinkling her nose slightly in mock (and somewhat real) disgust. Unable to hold the silly face seriously for long, she breaks out into more laughter soon enough, a bit louder now. “It sounds like they are lucky to have a clean and tidy crafter now.” She wonders briefly what the other crafters of the Basin are like. If, like the healers and Glasgow, they are all as kind and pleasant as welcoming. There were, of course, many in the Basin she did not know, but her experiences here had always been pleasant, if not more than pleasant. Her friend’s choice to move here made sense, even if Lyanna would always be a little sad to have her friend so far away. But distance could not end their friendship.

Distance was simply a thing to be traversed, nothing more. Glasgow was one of the few Lyanna trusted so completely, possibly the only horse in Helovia that she felt comfortable enough with to be entirely herself. With Glas, Lyanna could lay herself bare and find truth, perhaps comfort. The pale mare’s reaction to Tembovu’s departure is the same as Lyanna’s, and she nods her head slightly in agreement. “I thought the same as well. He seemed like a permanent fixture in the Edge.” It was not the same place without him, but all she could hope was that she didn’t make it a worse place without him. Different, perhaps, but different was okay. She could feel successful if it became different, but thriving and successful still.

Glasgow’s touch is welcomed and it helps to alleviate some of the tension Lyanna feels. The pale mare’s words are even more comforting, and though somewhere in the back of her mind Lyanna had probably always known that Edge was her family, hearing it aloud makes it sink in finally. She nods, silent for a moment. “He has a new filly. Beautiful girl, but with a heart too weak to sustain her. I imagine he is much needed with his family now.” Not that she had seen him around much, but the Edge was still his home, and would always be his home should he choose. “Thank you,” she says quietly, hoping the words can convey just how thankful she really is. Hoping those few words can convey all the feelings she cannot find words for. “I never even imagined I would lead one day. It’s definitely overwhelming.”

Glasgow is right though, the Edge is Lyanna’s family. She would do her best not to fail this family as she had her first. “And how are you? Other than dirty caves, is the Basin treating you well?”

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 04-17-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Rikyn - 04-28-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 05-01-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Rikyn - 05-02-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 05-07-2017, 08:42 AM