the Rift

I Walked Your Path || Ktulu

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

Death.

It was on his mind more often than he'd like to admit. The idea of it...of him falling prey to it. It lurked. It frightened. Death was not an easy concept to have so often on your mind.

Contradictions, it seemed, were also on the black stag's mind. Life, too, dwelt in the corners of his mind. He thought only fleetingly of death, but constantly of life...of the life mares would be bringing into the world this Frostfall yet. A father again, to hear his children playing again. It was a novel concept...one that he had not yet grasped fully. How long had it been since he had scolded an insolent child, praised a successful one, encouraged a frightened one, bolstered a shy one? How long?

Many years. Long years.

That would change soon. And he would be a father again. But even as life occupied his mind, as did death, and the aging he could feel in his old bones. It crept up on you, age...one day you were young, capable of the stamina that benefited a much younger stag, and the next you could feel the weariness in your bones.

Old bones.

"Abyss speaks"

Messages In This Thread
I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Ktulu - 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Abyss - 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Hototo - 11-11-2012, 12:59 AM