the Rift

[OPEN] Curiosity killed the siren

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

She finds herself surprised and, oddly, pleased as Isopia tells her that her assessment sounds about right. Part of her just assumes they are forever bound to butt heads, but perhaps that wasn’t the case. Perhaps they just happened to start off on the wrong topic, or perhaps they had both changed just enough that conversation came easier. The new dragon, the one Syrena doesn’t know, begins to scratch at the blue markings and Syrena watches with some interest, her face not quite showing it, but her steady gaze an indicator. Like Isopia, she wonders if something will happen, though nothing does.

Then Isopia repeats her last bit, and Syrena again is surprised that she isn’t instantly condemned for that last bit of her speech. Like Kaida, she expects everyone else to simply denounce Kaos in a single breath. Like their new friend does. Before Syrena can reply, another voice breaks through their conversation, and it’s clear this mare does not see Kaos as Syrena does. Syrena simply nods at her, entirely uncertain what to say. “Feel free. It does not seem inclined to give up its secrets,” she says, trying to be polite, though her deadpan voice might fail her here.

Then she turns her attention back to Isopia. This new mare might have her opinion, but Syrena is less certain, and she doesn’t care if others know it or not. “I think that depends on one’s definition of evil.” After all, Syrena had once been a siren, had once killed to sustain herself. She had once been very different than the mare she is today, and her old self would have been considered evil by many. But she didn’t think so. She never killed for fun, never wasted, tried to take those that seemed unlikely to be missed. She was far from evil, but the sheer nature of what she was made most assume she was.

“Helovia’s God’s have taken everything from me. My powers, my home. They have given me very little in return.” They had given her only the ability to play with water plants, and Thea. At least there was Thea, who was currently busy bounding over toward the spiky mare that had joined them to investigate. Unlike any normal wolf, her tail is wagging, and she looks far more like a dog coming to greet a new friend. She would try to stop her companion, but Thea isn’t prone to listening. “She’s harmless,” she says toward Wessex, despite the fact Thea’s antics make this obvious. It makes Syrena a little nervous to watch Thea bounding up to a half-dinosaur.

She doesn’t say more, suspecting Isopia understands the point she’s trying to make. The Gods are not perfect. She can’t say Kaos is perfect either, but perhaps he is something worth following. She doesn’t trust him, but she doesn’t truth the Gods either. At least, perhaps, he could give her something worth having. Though that seems like a pipe dream.

syrena

just like the sea

@Isopia

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity killed the siren - by Syrena - 04-17-2017, 02:37 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Isopia - 04-17-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Syrena - 04-19-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Isopia - 04-20-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Wessex - 04-20-2017, 03:41 PM