the Rift

[OPEN] Curiosity killed the siren

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
It does not seem inclined to give up its secrets

No indeed, it does not. How many have come before them and are none the wiser for all their staring, poking, prodding, and debating? Better minds than hers, surely. Nevertheless, she does her due diligence with the rock: coming closer and walking in circles around it. All the while, listening to the conversation the mares are having without having much to say herself - until the wolf companion comes bounding over to her, exuberant and playful. She chuckles, offering the wolf a canine-like bow she’s seen the wolf pack do whilst playing. “Just mind the tail - it’s prickly,” Wessex offers as a word of caution - wouldn’t want the mare to get mad at her because of an accident.

But her attention is genuinely torn between playing and having a serious conversation about this Kaos fellow, having noted with interest that these two ladies have quite specific view on religion and Gods. “Couldn’t help but overhear - I’m Wessex, by the way - your conversation. I’ve lived a couple of places and everyone thinks their own Gods are good, right? What if it’s just in the clash against other powers that they’re considered ‘evil?’” There’s a reason Wessex doesn’t have a real affinity for any of the Helovian Gods yet (not just because she’s fairly new, but because she’s seen a lot of deities). She also knows that like a good soldier, she will follow where her leader commands. Much of the Basin seems solidly on the anti-Kaos side.

But then the altar does a strange thing, shifting and expelling mist, while flowers bloom in immediate vicinity. Wessex twitches at the first sign, but otherwise stands her ground. “Ah, no. Never seen that before.” Literally, never - nothing like it. She steps closer to the duo, shamelessly invading the team and muses dryly aloud, “So is it a sign of favor, or a weak show of power...?”

Wessex, at least, feels like she could take on Ampere again. Which would be foolish, but that’s how fresh and rejuvenated her body feels.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Syrena
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity killed the siren - by Syrena - 04-17-2017, 02:37 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Isopia - 04-17-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Syrena - 04-19-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Isopia - 04-20-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Wessex - 04-20-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Syrena - 04-23-2017, 06:09 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the siren - by Random Event - 04-27-2017, 10:06 AM