the Rift

[PRIVATE] undo

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
BARTHOLOMEO

I do not wish to control her, exclaims Tilney. Bart raises a sardonic eyebrow. "It looks a hell of a lot like control to me, brother. Give me one good reason why you don't want her to follow her own path in life, aside from control?" Those warm green eyes of his are hardened like emeralds, his muscles flexing and tensing as rage ripples through him.

He isn't expecting Maude's arrival, and normally the sight of the girl would make him soften, fold at the seams like a piece of paper. Not now. He's too incensed, too furious at his brother's idiotic accusations. His ears remain flat as he turns to Maude, but he makes a decent attempt to keep the quaking anger out of his voice when he addresses her. "What was I supposed to say, Maude? You're not allowed to have fun, sister, because your brothers don't like it? How would you like it if your brothers stood in the way of your happiness? Aelfwine is a grown woman, yet your father is insulting her intelligence by treating her like a child incapable of making her own decisions." His gaze is stern, his breath still coming in haggard rasps of fury even as he tries to keep himself calm for his niece's sake.

His brother moves to Maude's side, and for a moment Bart thinks the argument could be ending; Tilney may be about to apologise for his stupidity, may be about to back down and leave it at that. He doesn't. Instead he speaks again, and the words are like iron barbs to the stag's ears. Perhaps you do not understand... You have none left. His ears - which had begun to lift in Maude's presence - flip backwards again, disappearing into his mane. His face twists into an ugly, apopletic snarl, his temper snapping like a thin thread. "What did you just say?" he roars. TIlney can't mean that, surely. His brother doesn't know...only Aelfwine knows the truth. Only Aelfwine knows what Bartholomeo has lost, only she knows the grief that hides behind the mask of joviality and bravado. Has she told their sibling about his dead wife and son? Surely she wouldn't....surely she knows that's his greatest secret.

And surely Tilney should know better than to use it against him?

"You bastard." The voice is eerily cold and quiet now, the calm before the storm. "You bastard, Tilney." The knife embedded in his heart twists, snaps, leaves a shred of metal inside the pulsing valves. Not a day goes by when he doesn't think about what he's lost, and not a day goes by when he doesn't hate himself for it. For his own flesh and blood to use it as a stick to beat him with....it is reprehensible. It is unforgivable.

His temper frays, snaps. He throws himself forwards, great chest seeking to slam into Tilney to try and push him away from Maude - there's enough sense left in Bart to know not to involve the poor girl in this, or to risk her getting caught in the crossfire. Fueled by rage and grief, the stallion lowers his head and seeks to stab his antlers hard into the right side of Tilney's neck, wanting to beat the other stallion into submission as punishment for what he said. No amount of physical pain will make Tilney realise the sheer weight of misery and hatred that his words inflicted upon the tri-coloured pirate, yet it will go some way towards easing the agony inside the grieving man's chest.

In his mind's eye, he doesn't see Tilney - he sees his family's killers, turned to pulp beneath the force of his hooves and sorrow.

if my lungs collapse and my heart turns black
i'll give my ashes to the coast

image credits

@Maude @Tilney

Messages In This Thread
undo - by Tilney - 04-18-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: undo - by Bartholomeo - 04-26-2017, 02:36 PM
RE: undo - by Maude - 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM
RE: undo - by Tilney - 05-02-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: undo - by Bartholomeo - 05-20-2017, 09:59 AM