the Rift

!! Lullaby [Open]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

At least when she had come here, magic was something she was familiar with. She’d seen pegasi before and unicorns and though the residents of the Helovia were often even more elaborate than that, she at least wasn’t overly shocked. As for magic, the shocking part had been losing hers. Once, she’d controlled the winds. Now? Now she had a horn that produced a small wind shield, and nothing more. But she understands feeling overwhelmed, remembers how she felt when she arrived. It was only thanks to her upbringing as a Princess that she managed to keep any wits about her at all.

She tries her best to look as reassuring as possible as they walk and talk, making sure she doesn’t overwhelm the girl even more. “I can do my best to answer any questions you have,” she says, trying not to bring up magic or Gods or anything else at the moment until the girl wanted to learn about all that. “If it is a dream, it’s a good one, I promise. And you’ll get used to things around here.”

The trees begin to thin around then, the landscape familiar to Lyanna as they begin to approach the western edge of the Threshold. Though in truth, the trees don’t thin a ton, because the Hidden Falls lies in their path. But it’s clear the landscape is beginning to change. “The herds are all very nice. I was welcomed to the Edge with open arms when I was new here, though I think you’d find a similar reception at any of the herds. But I can speak for the Edge when I say that we would definitely welcome you as well, even if you just need a place to rest and get your bearings for a while.”

When she’d come, no one had told her she’d have to stay. They’d simply offered her a place to rest her head, to figure it out, and she’d ended up staying of her own volition. The Edge and it’s residents had won her heart. “Where are you from, if you don’t mind my asking?”

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Noxia

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
!! Lullaby [Open] - by Noxia - 04-19-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Lyanna - 04-19-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Noxia - 04-20-2017, 01:20 AM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Lyanna - 04-22-2017, 05:37 PM