the Rift

[PRIVATE] You Don't know the Psychopath Sitting Next to You

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

ask no questions

If he thought he was unlovable, he’s simply met the wrong mares. Blood and scars don’t exactly turn Weaver off. She’s littered with her own scars, and though they don’t bleed openly once healed, she’s no stranger to blood. She’d been covered in her own blood and that of others many times, and certainly will again. There’s something primal about it, really, the truth of what lies beneath pretty (or not so pretty) flesh. What else is primal? Maybe not monogamous love, but certainly the more fun kind of love is about as primal as you can get. Alright, so maybe she lacks care and compassion in her gaze entirely, but that should not necessarily be mistaken.

The question of course is if she’s capable of anything more than being the love ‘em and leave ‘em type. She’s never thought about it, never had reason to think about it, can’t really imagine a world in which she could be with just one stallion. Even her mother hadn’t done that, though she’d cared more for her father than the stallion that sired her brothers. Warship had been a relationship that existed out of need and duty, not want. Weaver existed for desire and power and want, and she embodied all the things that made her far too well sometimes.

Raven caws, suddenly interested, as Mortuus talks, the language foreign to Weaver’s ears. She eyes Raven, the bird’s keen eyes staring at Nox like he understands. Hell, maybe he does. Ravens are old and clever things, and perhaps they speak Latin as the demons do. Ravens are well known in tales as being connected to the Underworld, and she wonders just how true that is. “I’m not sure it counts as dead, if you are speaking it.” She suspects Raven might speak it back if they could talk through their bond, but alas, that little skill left them when they came here, when she lost Raven briefly.

She laughs at the next comment, tossing her mane to illustrate a point. “Oh, I will undoubtedly still be beautiful when old and gray and wrinkled. It’s all about the attitude, after all.” Mostly about the attitude, anyway, because there were some horses that were just too ugly to ever pass for anything else. Most of life though was all about the attitude you wore on your sleeve – act like you own the place, and all that. “He is always hungry,” she adds, rolling her eyes dramatically toward her companion who just glares back at her before eating another seed, very pointedly. “I’m sure he’d be happy to help you find more seeds.” Raven caws, and it’s hard to be sure if it’s in protest or agreement, though she thinks both – protest to her, agreement to Nox who was kind enough to feed him. She can only imagine what he’d say to her if he could. Maybe it’s good they don’t talk.

Her amber eyes find him as he asks the next question. You would do that for me? Her look is hard to ready, like she’s studying him and like she doesn’t know how he can be so surprised all at once. For a moment, she’s silent, not sure if she lists all the horrible things she has done and seen and been a party to, if she keeps it short and sweet and to the point. “I would do it without hesitation for you,” she finally says, all her usual pomp gone from her voice. The statement is simple and uncomplicated, without a list of reasons or things that might be worse. Even if she had done nothing compared to what it takes to kill him, she would grant him that.

Why?

It’s a question she’s not sure she can answer, or wants to answer. He’s her favorite Time Mender (really, he’s just her favorite), and she leaves the thought unexplored, chalking it up to the drugs he supplies her. Though would she damn her own soul for drugs (assuming, of course, she hadn’t already damned her soul for everything else she’s done and will do)?

“No, though Rikyn told me a bit about them. It seems entirely possible I will be here for Rift Wars II though,” she says it lightheartedly, though she lets her eyes betray her. It took a year to find a place that seemed worth settling in, and now, she had no idea what might become of them. The threat of Kaos loomed all too real. “Though in the interest of our herd quest and getting us some badass wolf guardians, you should probably keep that thing hidden away in here.” Gods only knew they might need some wolf guards too.

- weaver -

and you'll be told no lies

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Mortuus Nox <33333

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
RE: You Don't know the Psychopath Sitting Next to You - by Weaver - 07-05-2017, 06:20 PM