the Rift

Tomorrow never comes until its too late..

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
The entrance to Helovia was not a land Amaris was fond of, but she attended it anyway. It was not a task so much as a desire to ensure any who walked through the gateway into the greater expanse of lands did so safely, with their lives still firmly intact. It was something of a concern that the Threshold was a land almost any type of creature could wander in, prey and predator alike - (perhaps I should look at myself before coming to such conclusions, she thought with a note of wry amusement) - and since most equid based souls who wandered here were in the prey category, they would be prone to those in the predator category. Her last interaction with various pegasi, unicorn and a tiger flashed fresh through her mind as the thoughts trickled past her mind's eye, and she diligently pressed onwards, scouting the area for prey or predator alike - she was uniquely blessed (or cursed?) to be a part of both categories herself, and having recently experienced a vast 'upgrade' to her magical abilities, felt confident that she would be able to tackle most dangers she might wander across (or otherwise make a hasty retreat with the cover of dragonfire and flight).

Her ears perked atop her tiara as her footsteps faltered a moment, catching the sound of another within the vicinity. Amaris had landed not long ago, having completed several surveys of the land, but it was difficult with the thickened canopy of the Threshold and sparsely assorted clearings (making it all the more susceptible to threats and dangers). Dramyrth continued his observation from above, lazily gliding on the breeze, his golden body glistening in the sunlight. It was the wrong time of day for a predator to make a move, surely, but then a dehydrated prey was an easier one to capture and make a feast out of. The call of the mare she had heard did not sound under duress or frightened; rather, it was more of a summons, an invitation to attend them, to greet them. Amaris smiled, pleased to hear it - then she hesitated, for one such as herself was often a surprising sight to newcomers entering lands of magics and Gods such as Helovia. The dragonmare didn't want a newcomers' first impression of the lands to be negative or terrified.. But she also wanted to ensure that those newcomers did enter safely and were given the information they needed to survive Helovia.

Swallowing her doubts, she pressed onwards, letting loose a soft returning call - it was a mixture of an equine whicker and a lilting dragonic song, a gentle caress of one's ears. A soft, kind smile was upon her maw as she rounded the bend of trees and beheld the bay mare, her golden gaze drinking all the information she could from her swift, discerning glance. The mare appeared unharmed and almost expectant, like she knew where she was travelling and that she summoned Helovian natives to herself intentionally. It was curious, to Amaris at least, though she didn't have many experiences here to go by. "Hello," the dragonmare offered politely, pausing her steps several strides away, ensuring her posture was relaxed and calm, hoping her body language effectively communicated the fact that she did not mean any harm. "Welcome to Helovia," she added, gesturing to the lands they both stood upon. "I am Amaris, of the herd named the World's Edge. That's Dramyrth," she introduced herself and her companion with a widening grin, as the golden dragon trilled a colourful song from the perch he had taken in the trees above. No fire, she warned him hastily, as he was wont to show off his various breaths, or ice! she added, though the command was given with loving amusement through their bond.

"What brings you to these lands?"

OOC:
@Geneva Welcome to Helovia!
I'm Whit C: Feel free to poke me if I can be of help to you, but Amaris will explain most things IC (assuming Geneva doesn't run away scared haha!).
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tomorrow never comes until its too late.. - by Amaris - 04-22-2017, 11:46 PM