the Rift

Tomorrow never comes until its too late..

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
The dragonmare was used to staring - it was often one of the first reactions new acquaintances did, as they absorbed all that she appeared to be. She didn't mind the looking, the ones who stared the longest usually came to the conclusion that she was at heart, a benevolent being, with kindness in her soul and only a desire to do right by her herd and her friends guiding her actions. Others saw her for her draconic inclinations, seeing only scales and dragons and predators when looked at her, but this reaction was becoming increasingly more common - Amaris merely smiled as the mare seemingly missed most of her words, her question, diving straight to the heart of the matter - what are you?

But before she could even craft her answer, the mare had already supplied her answer, and her judgement of that fact. Dramyrth chortled again, a curious sound tinkling from the treetops above - naturally, he agreed with this mare's assessment of his bonded's beauty, there certainly wasn't another like her in Helovia (and even her twin sister didn't hold nearly the same allure as Amaris' golden scales, in his obviously biased opinion). With amusement glittering behind the golden pools of her eyes, the dragonmare dipped her tiara in acknowledgement and agreement, finally finding her voice again. Smooth, honey-warm tones sounded, as she confirmed the mare's suspicions.

"Aye, dragonsblood flows through my veins," (she didn't mention the part where her blood was silver), "curtesy of my father, who was the same hybrid of species. I am the only one (that I know of) within these lands now." She spoke with warmth and genuine happiness filling her tones, giving them a pleasant flavour. "I'm glad I didn't startle you - not everyone agrees with your kind assessment," she winked playfully, her posture relaxing as she grew more comfortable being with the mare. Amaris was never one to enjoy crowds, a nice, polite, one-on-one conversation was much closer to her comfort zone. "Might I be further blessed with the knowledge of your name, and your reasons for venturing here?" she asked, her smile never wavering, her curiosity pushing her to repeat the questions she asked before, though not truly minding if they weren't ever answered, as long as this kind creature made it through the Threshold safely.

OOC:
@Geneva
I'll direct you to the FAQ page, particularly the questions:
What is a "Random Event"? and
How do I get magic/companions/amulets?
With these in mind, every season there will be roughly 2 or so random 'Drops' of magic or companions, which you respond to IC, and complete whatever the Random Event (or RE) directs you to do in order to qualify for its magic. This is done alongside others who will post there, and then all the names are assigned random numbers, where admin will then use a random shuffler to select one name to 'win' the magic of that Drop. If you don't win, don't worry, you are earned one 'VOTG roll', which means you get to add your name in a second time at the next drop you attend (for the same kind of magic).
I'll throw in another link for good measure, this time to the Magic page of the Guidebook, that goes into more detail on how magic is obtained on the site, including but not limited to the magic drops I described above. C:
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tomorrow never comes until its too late.. - by Amaris - 04-24-2017, 04:56 AM