the Rift

Tomorrow never comes until its too late..

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
The dragonmare listened to the mare's story, to the hint of her origin she gave, and crafted her own phantasmal imagery of lands Geneva was from, the customs she was used to, the epic journeys she had been on. It seemed the mare was unfamiliar with the structure that Helovian herds existed upon - Amaris had not known anything else, and so it was Geneva's way of thinking that caused her some confusion. But, had her mother not lived in a family group, led by Amaris' grandparents? They had been purely familial in nature, all of them related in some way or another - the only breeding pair had indeed been her grandparents, and they were more a family of wanderers than a true herd. That was before the grandparents lives ended, before the remaining siblings then split, and travelled the world, eventually arriving at Helovia.

"Helovia's herds are a bit different to those you might be used to," the dragonmare began, unsure of how to explain it, but deciding that if she gave all of the information she could, Geneva could at least get a good idea of how it all worked. "Helovia is a vast realm, made up of separate lands and deities. There are four gods," (at least, four we recognise at the moment..) "One for Time, one for the Sun, one for the Moon and one for the Earth. They are siblings, and each of them had a hand in building Helovia for mortals to reside within. Until recently they each sanctioned a herdland, where herds who work more on a government system reside. Stallions and mare, unicorns, pegasus, equine and hybrids alike, all reside there - though there are certainly others who choose to dwell separate to the added safety of the herdlands." She hoped she was sufficiently explaining things, in such a way that wasn't too overwhelming.

"Recent events, an intrusion of another powerful entity, caused the God of the Earth to remove his herdland from being able to sustain a herd, however, so all that remains in the Aurora Basin, in the north, sanctioned by the God of Time, the World's Edge, to the west, sanctioned by the Goddess of the Moon, and the Dragon's Throat, to the south, sanctioned by the God of the Sun." She paused once more, assessing how she should continue. "Each land has its quirks, and runs mostly the same, with a sovereign pair of leaders guiding their followers in various crafts and politics. I am Philosopher myself, I seek learn and share knowledge, to better understand this world, how it works, why it works that way. But here are so many different opportunities available to any who seek to join a herd, whether they wish to create goods for trading, or to learn ways of combat to better protect their kin, or the more subtle path of sleuthing, information garnering - all in the interest of ensuring the herd's ongoing survival in this capricious world."

Here, the dragonmare laughed a gentle, musical note as Geneva summed up the description of the World's Edge quite succinctly. "You're not far off - the World's Edge was carved into the lands our Goddess' wind magic, it is a nation that rises high over the coastline and overlooks the ocean, and is draped in misty forests to preserve the illusion of constant twilight. The Moon shines brightest at night-time after all," she gave another soft wink to the mare. She waited then, knowing she had divulged a lot of information at once, and not really wanting to overwhelm the mare further. But, there wasn't really a way not to continue on, for Amaris liked the mare, and wanted to see her succeed and grow - perhaps, as a fellow herdmate?

"You would be welcome at the World's Edge, if you so desired to venture there. Whilst I hold no rank that can officially accept you, if you wanted to accompany me home, I would ensure your safety, and put in a good word for you to those with greater influence than myself."

OOC: @Geneva
SORRY FOR ALL THE TALKING LOL
Helovia is loads of fun (and beware: addicting too!) can't wait to see you around more C:
Brush Credit
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tomorrow never comes until its too late.. - by Amaris - 04-24-2017, 09:47 PM