the Rift

[OPEN] old faces, familiar edges

Sarai Posts: 7
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
Sarai

I wake up as my Daddy lowers himself back to the ground, and another helps me to stand on my own. My legs wobble at first, but soon I am up on my own. I watch, unsure of what everyone was doing and saying really. One mare looked under another who's belly was really really big. Daddy seemed to be comfortable around both of them, so I tried to trust him that they wouldn't try to squish me like my own mother had.

"If you don't mind... I'd rather her be with someone I know..." Daddy's voice seemed to be indicating that I was going to be with someone.... But who. “Of course I don’t mind Aaron.” The painted mare said. I assume Aaron must be my Daddy's name as he's the only boy here and Aaron sounds like a boy's name. “Come on dear.” Her gaze was on me, and I can only assume the painted lady means for me to come to her.

I wobbled slowly forward, taking my first real steps. Daddy had scooped me up on his back with the help from his strange creature. It's when I get close, that I can smell the milk. Oh milk! My stomach growled in protest. Mother had not let me drink, and I needed to nurse desperately now. I wobbled closer, leaning against the painted lady if she let me till I found where I needed to be.

Oh glorious milk! I with all the fighting and moving hadn't really given thought to just how hungry I am, that is until right now. I drink until my belly is full. Only then does my head appear back out from under the black and white lady. On my bay lips, a white line of milk.

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

She is clothed with strength and dignity
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-18-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-20-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-23-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Sarai - 05-23-2017, 11:36 PM