the Rift

[OPEN] old faces, familiar edges

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Gentle nudges, pushes and bumps eventually got the child down from Aaron's broad back and onto the pine-needly ground. Amaris watched her closely, feeling protective over the helpless girl, protective and faintly maternal - had she ever been around a foal this fresh, this young before? Aside from when she was a child herself - Amaris wasn't sure she had ever met another quite this newborn.

It was then that she noticed the bloodied hide of Aaron, then that she took in the full severity of his wounds. With a thought, she summoned two dragon-souls, one green and one red, and sent them onwards into the lands.
"I've sent them away to find a healer," she offered by way of explanation, as Dramyrth flew high above the gathered to scout for any approaching herdmates, healer or no.

It was a blessing, she supposed, that the child appeared unharmed, that the stallion had taken the beating meant for her, but the dragonmare still did not enjoy the sight of it, the thought that a mother would turn upon their own blood so easily - a shiver rattled her spine at the notion.

Amaris had been raised with strong familial values, with love and support, with a herd, a sister, a cousin, a family. And even though this child was not hers, even though at most, she might be considered an 'aunt' of sorts to it, she vowed to be present in its life, to ensure that despite its dark beginning, it would live and grow to see the beauty in the world, to feel love, to feel happiness and security.

Golden eyes watched as the filly began to drink, though she flicked her attention to the standing-again Aaron, silently suppressing her surprise and awe that he had the strength to rise again. He was a strong steed, a good father, from what she could see. Gently, Amaris offered him a light touch of her muzzle upon his shoulder, a comforting caress, wishing she could do more to ease his pain but helplessly unable to do so.

"She'll be safe here," she commented with her warm tones, hoping her words spoke the truth, hoping that the dangers that had been plaguing the lands would not intrude upon their borders to snuff out the new light that was Sarai. "Rest for now, once she's had her fill of milk, we'll all go to the stream to wash your wounds," she decided, knowing it best not to suggest that he part ways from the filly even for a moment, even if she was safely suckling by Alysanne's side.

The absence of a healer was noted by the dragonmare, as she heard echoes of her soul-lights searching across the lands, she figured they would have to resolve his wounds the old-fashioned way - streams and herbs, time and patience.

Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Alysanne @Aaron
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-18-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-20-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-23-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Sarai - 05-23-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 06-01-2017, 06:11 PM