the Rift

dragons bite with fire

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Resistance slowed the path her tail wrought through the space behind her hips, resistance that was the flesh and body of Mesec. Lack of nerve endings in the actual scythe part of her tail meant she did not feel exactly how much of an impact the blade itself made upon him - it wasn't until the soon-to-follow sizzle, crackle and burn of her whip sounded that her smile deepened in satisfaction of knowing her first strike was successful.

The dragonmare was not usually inclined to violence, to unnecessary bloodshed, but she needed an outlet, a release, for the pent up anxiety and emotions that had accrued within her. The smile upon her lips spoke not of joy, but of this discharge she so needed, this vent for the fiery dragonqueen within, this need that was slowly being met - it was, if anything, a relief.

She kept moving, recalling past lessons with the then-General of her former home, remembering with disgust the pitiful excuse for a spar opponent she had been back then, shoving that "Past-Amaris" and all her inadequacies aside.

Golden stained tiara tilted to the left to peer over her folded-down wing, hoping to catch a glimpse of her foe, to track and trace his motions, to guess what his reaction, his counterstrike, would be - and she found nothing. Eyes blinked rapidly, surprise causing her step to stumble and hesitate, her crown twisting and turning as she sought to identify his whereabouts once more.

Then, rising from the shadows to her right, the demigod appeared, and the dragonmare hissed through her teeth at him as she instinctively shrank and bent away from the approach of his twisted horn. Her wings rose from their sides in the surprise of it all, and had she not been so caught by surprise, she might have been able to use her right wing as a more effective deflection to Mesec's onslaught. As it was, her wing merely buffeted the side of the horn as its sharpened tip caught in the folds of her right wing joint, the ongoing momentum of the stallion's drive towards her causing it to catch beneath a scale and draw a line upwards.

It wasn't a deep track, but it split the skin and stung like a bitch, and at its base silver droplets of dragon's blood pooled and dribbled over. Dramyrth, affected by echoes of the pain across the bond, called out loudly from above, and would have swooped in to launch his own attack had his beloved stubbornly rejected the idea. The dragonking instead continued his surveillance from on high, though deep growls now sounded through him as he flew in circles high above, eyeing off the phoenix but respecting Amaris' wishes not to engage in the fight.

Meanwhile, the dragonmare was leaning away, peeling herself from the vicinity of the stallion and his cutting horn, teeth clacking threateningly as anger replaced the satisfied relief that existed mere moments earlier. He was a shadow, and though she was descended from a shadowmare, she had inherited her father's fire as the more dominant trait.

She felt her magic stir within her, and then there were two bright blue dragon souls floating along either side of her head as she took haphazard steps onwards, away from the Nightwind, away from his horn. His eyes, she commanded them, guiding them by the power of her will, envisioning their bright soul-lights flying at the demigod's silver eyes.

At the same time, she hoped she had managed to put enough distance between them to effect another strike, to attack while he was (hopefully) blinded, just as he had done to her. Amaris bent her head low, between her knees, using the leverage to then lift her hind-end high from the sandy ground, her powerful hind-legs unleashing their full strength in a double-barrelled kick.

Ideally, she would hope the strike to land upon the same area her tail and whip lanced, to deal more damage on the one spot, going with the theory that if the damage 'stacked', she might give the demigod a weakness she could later exploit to her advantage.

Fire and light versus shadow and wind; it was a battle of opposites, and yet Amaris could not help the sense of foreboding that enveloped her at the thought of it. Throughout her lineage, shadowmares hearts had been taken by the fiery passions of stallions; but here was Amaris, caller of dragon spirits and shimmering with golden scales that could shame the sun, dancing a warrior's tango with the son of the Moon Goddess. As she continued pushing forward along the sand dune after her kick, the dragonmare could not help but wonder at the whispers of her history murmuring somewhere deep within her draconic soul.

ooc:
2/3 attacks
0/1 closing defence
797 words according to MS Word.
@Mesec <3
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
dragons bite with fire - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 07:18 AM
RE: dragons bite with fire - by Mesec - 04-23-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: dragons bite with fire - by Amaris - 05-02-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: dragons bite with fire - by Mesec - 05-22-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: dragons bite with fire - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 07:39 AM