It's a call..

For what?

A gathering.

For what?

A meeting.

About what?

Suppose we'll have to go find out.

Humph,
the usual conclusion to their little discussions was punctuated by a huff of smoky breath, as the little dragon-king preened himself on his branch. How dare any think they could summon him, the golden king dragon of Helovia? How dare they think they held jurisdiction over him like he was common peasant? Amusement suddenly flooded him, though it was a foreign emotion - it leaked though the bond from his beloved, who evidently found his point of view amusing.

You know, if you were a King, you would have to answer to your people. How is this any different? she probed gently, as they made their way across the lands.
Choice, choice is the difference, the dragon answered simply, refusing to voice anything more on the matter.

It would be the first herd meeting they had attended since re-joining, and nervous anticipation mounted within them, setting the dragonmare's nerves on edge, making her shy and pause at every bend and twist and turn as it played tricks on her mind. Finally, after what seemed like an age, they arrived, and the anxiety rose with it - crowds were never her thing, she was never a natural speaker to the masses like her mother, never comfortable having numerous pairs of eyes gazing at her. So the mare arrived and situated herself on the edge, still a part of the meeting and able to hear and see all the goings-on, but unwilling to step forward.

Hell, the last time she had tried to step forward, everything went wrong. When Kahlua was hosting trials to take the mantle of leader of the herd, Amaris had tried, and she had failed - though hopefully with a lesson learned. The dragonmare did what she could to distract herself from her mounting nerves by observing the gathered, noting the familiar faces with a smile and nod, sometimes a low whicker of greeting should they venture near enough, otherwise drinking what information her eyes and ears could give her otherwise. It wasn't long until Tembovu began speaking then, and the dragonmare turned her keen gaze to the Elephant King, to scrutinise and learn what she could of him.

He had been at her mother's death, a mostly silent, strong statue of strength. Amaris couldn't recall what rank he had held then, as far as she knew, Mauja had been King then - but then, it seemed, Mauja was now absent from the herd entirely. She listened to what he had to say, and was surprised at the nature of his announcement, his resignation. He appointed a new Queen in his stead, and Amaris looked to Alysanne and Lyanna - she had met the former Healer at a lesson she had hosted not long ago, her memories weren't plentiful but were at least pleasant of the mare. And Alysanne, she was another like Dragomir, one who Amaris was sure she should remember more of, but perhaps the mare was simply a familiar face from the herd from when she was but a foal, before war and wraiths ravaged the lands.

At the other promotions, Amaris allowed a smile to curl her lips, pleased to recognise at least some of the names being moved around the ranks. Yael was a worthy recipient of almost any rank, Amaris thought, the mare was certainly capable but more importantly, willing to, and yearning to learn all she could. "Congratulations," Amaris offered, softly echoing the resounding call Maude had thrust upon the gathered. There was not much more she could contribute, and so she remained silent otherwise, waiting to see if anything else would arise from this momentous occasion.
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Nothing is Certain but Change - by Tembovu - 04-26-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Alysanne - 04-26-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Lyanna - 04-26-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Maude - 04-27-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Dragomir - 04-27-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Amaris - 04-27-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Isopia - 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Yael - 04-27-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Sacre - 04-27-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Sansa - 04-30-2017, 06:27 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Aaron - 04-30-2017, 06:43 AM