the Rift

[MEETING] Nothing is Certain but Change

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Aw shit, I hadn’t even thought about it, but hearing Tembo’s voice calling us together made me realize how little of him I’d seen lately. And I guess that’s why I missed the weariness laced in his call, cuz I was just happy to hear from him at all. Like...happier than I thought I’d be.

I didn’t waste time thinking about what that would mean, because if he was calling us over it just meant that he had important shit to say, and at this age of danger nonsense it couldn’t have been good news. So I hauled ass over there with this weird mixture of different kinds of anticipation--an excitement to see my King, a trepidation that he was gonna tell us something dire or whatever-- taking my place as fast as I could as the General ought to. And it was just like always; me standing there, alert and read for what he was gonna say; Chico on my back, flirting nasty things all at his Bwenny girl.

I already felt the mood emanating from him, a heaviness that sat on his shoulders and thickened the air around us. But even as I was discerning it, he was speaking to us:

My Edge, I call you here first to thank you—I never thought I’d be worthy of a Kingship--

No,” I blurted, loudly. Because I knew where this was heading.

But he didn’t stop; he just kept talking talking talking and his words were erasing him as my King, replacing himself with some chick named Lyanna, and my ears were pinned and my head was ringing and I was immediately angry, and I snorted and my body jerked away cuz I didn’t want to be here but then I jerked myself back because I was the General, dammit and I had to be above that kind of petty shit so I just basically danced in a jerky circle of feelings that were washing over me.

I didn’t leave. But I didn’t speak either, I didn’t thank Tembo for his service and I didn’t congratulate my new Queen and I didn’t do anything I was supposed to. Hell, I didn’t even look at anyone, particularly Tembo, cuz I knew a tear was gonna find its way out my eye and down my cheek and I wasn’t in the mood to deal with that.

Just….I dunno. You can call it an overreaction. But Tembo had been the one to welcome me here, and it was Tembo I was fighting for, and now there was a missing link and I didn’t know what I was gonna clip to it.

late but here have some Salty Ros™

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Nothing is Certain but Change - by Tembovu - 04-26-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Alysanne - 04-26-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Lyanna - 04-26-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Maude - 04-27-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Dragomir - 04-27-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Amaris - 04-27-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Isopia - 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Yael - 04-27-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Sacre - 04-27-2017, 06:14 PM