the Rift

[OPEN] where is my mind?

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
SHUT UP AND LET ME SEE YOUR JAZZ HANDS

It's exactly the kind of morning I prefer: comfortably crisp, insects whirring, sunlight coming through the evergreen boughs all buttery and delicious. Most mornings are like this in the Basin, and usually I don't have a problem, but today I'm in a particularly livid state of mind because I've slept horribly and my muscles ache all over. And to make matters worse, there's nobody to complain to this early. So, I go looking for entertainment.

Stepping through the Basin, I find that my legs have it the worst. I slept with them tucked beneath me, like a cat, and now I'm paying the price. Although I'm sure most Basiners are either snoozing off fulfilling their duties or whatever, I maintain a certain posture should wandering eyes find me. Head high, chin tucked, hips swinging, it's all part of the aesthetic. Only I'm semi-limping, which pretty much ruins everything. Is there a solution? Of course: the hot spring.

It's impressive how much time I've spent relaxing in the spring, considering how new I am to the Basin. But nobody seems to have a problem with it, and I certainly don't, so that's where I head. Besides, I'm sure Weaver would be delighted to learn how well I'm taking advantage of the springs' natural healing abilities.

And I'm about to take advantage again, only I get a little sidetracked on the way. I come across what I guess to be the greenhouse - where the Time Menders work with all their little plants and stuff - and I immediately forget about going for a muscle soak. Getting high would work just the same, right? And it'd be a little more fun. Stepping around the garden area, I peek through the trees, searching for someone who I know at least tolerates my interest in recreational pleasures.

"Ohhh, Noxy, dear," I call out into the empty air with a devious smile, swishing my tail as I search for the large, dark brute. "Fix me up with your very best. I slept like actual shit last night and could use a pick-me-up." He's got to be around here somewhere.
artwork by littlewillow-art

@Noah I hope you don't mind me starting this! <3 <3
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
where is my mind? - by Rhodoc - 04-29-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: where is my mind? - by Noah - 05-03-2017, 08:00 PM