Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix

RHODOC
louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny
Bang.

Bang, bang.

I'm in the middle of one of the best naps of my life when I hear it: this erratic, gods-awful banging that sounds like two trees having sex. Usually, when a noise wakes me, I can only grumble for a moment before I give up and roll over to fall back asleep. But such is not the case now, because this racket is so off-beat and odd that it practically begs me to investigate.

I uncurl from my ball of warmth and set off towards the noise, fully intent on chastising whoever thinks this percussion is acceptable to be played at a nap-interrupting volume. As I'm stepping through the underbrush, I toss tresses of blue-tipped mane from my eyes and try to remind myself that not everybody is as tone apparent as I'd like.

When I step into the clearing, it isn't only Lord Rikyn I see but a small, earth-colored deer with intricate antlers and a stick. A stick that is being hammered over and over again - out of time! - against a hollowed log. I don't know what it is he's trying to accomplish, but it's definitely not music.

I raise my head and look between the two before finally settling my gaze on Rikyn. "Your friend is incredibly off-beat," I greet him, but not without the flicker of a smirk. I also tilt my head towards the deer himself and flash a smile, for good measure. "Where I come from, if you played like that in front of a Lord, you'd get your head cut off." Not that I know how to beat a stick against another stick any better, but still. At least I know it isn't supposed to sound like that.
artwork by littlewillow-art

@Rikyn
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rikyn - 04-28-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rhodoc - 05-06-2017, 10:00 PM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rikyn - 05-08-2017, 09:43 AM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rhodoc - 05-08-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rikyn - 05-09-2017, 11:32 AM